Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #11
TippetsTX

Default Re: The Science of Magic

I really like that latter effect, though... while I never considered including computers as an artifact, that same explanation could be applied to the often inconsistent efforts of the Mechanician's Guild (and why they tend to be a little nuts in my campaign).

P.S.
I hope my preamble hasn't prevented others from participating in this discussion. It wasn't intended to be serious attempt to exclude anyone's ideas, and I apologize if it came across that way.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 06-29-2020 at 10:44 AM.
TippetsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:09 AM   #12
Anomylous

Default Re: The Science of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
P.S.
I hope my preamble hasn't prevented others from participating in this discussion. It wasn't intended to be serious attempt to exclude anyone's ideas, and I apologize if it came across that way.
It didn't dissuade me! I happen to believe that handwavium is the fossil fuel of narrative energy... it's super useful stuff, but rely on it too heavily and your world will eventually collapse. So ideally, it ought to be conserved and used only for critical applications, like the deep foundations of a magic system. But I'm lazy and occasionally use handwavium purely to get from point A to point B, rather than putting in the effort to walk one step at a time...
Anomylous is offline   Reply With Quote