Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
timespike

Default Has Peliel ever been statted out?

Has anybody come up with stats for Peliel? (Peliel is the Angel of Righteous Vengeance; he's mentioned in several places, but isn't statted up anyplace I can find)

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
timespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #2
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Has Peliel ever been statted out?

Well, the place to look (according to http://www.incyclopedia.org/ ), would be the APG (p. 46), Night Music (p. 14), and Superiors 1 -- pages 74, 89, 93, and 139. (I don't have them at this computer; Superiors 1 sounds like the best bet for a write-up, if there is one.)
Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
tbug

Is there any interest in moving the INcyclopedia to a wiki or something similar? It's a fantastic resource, but having it so out of date is frustrating. Is it entirely a private project? Would we have to start from scratch to get it up and running?
tbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
timespike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Well, the place to look (according to http://www.incyclopedia.org/ ), would be the APG (p. 46), Night Music (p. 14), and Superiors 1 -- pages 74, 89, 93, and 139. (I don't have them at this computer; Superiors 1 sounds like the best bet for a write-up, if there is one.)
I've got all 3 of those. No stats. :(

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
Old 08-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
Blackwing

Yup, no canon stats but since Righteous Vengeance is the NPC that PCs usually want on their side when being harrassed by demons, I've just given him full 18 Forces and 10 Word forces, all fighting related Songs at 6, Cel Attraction and the Affinity Songs at 6 and most other Songs at 2-4 and some secret Songs. All Laurence's attunements and most of Uriel's. The Malakite Attunements from War, Fire, Judgement and Stone. One on One, Proficiency, Sure-Footed, and Howl from War, Smite and Whispers of Inspiration from Fire, Heavenly Judgement from Judgement (although he rarely bothers to use it). Smattering of Friend and Master distinctions.

Can you tell that he is one of my favourite combat monster NPCs? :) Relievers call him the demons' Bogeyman and throw parties since he is on *their* side.

Last edited by Blackwing; 08-02-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug
Is there any interest in moving the INcyclopedia to a wiki or something similar? It's a fantastic resource, but having it so out of date is frustrating. Is it entirely a private project? Would we have to start from scratch to get it up and running?
It's basically a private project that has some obscure back-end which is apparently arcane. Also, the original compiler isn't always easy to get 'hold of.

I had something I wanted to think about but the six year old just said, "Mommy, how much longer are you going to be writing" and now it's gone.

Grargh.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
milliken

I thought I had a copy of the Incyclopedia database I got from the maintainer at one point, but I can't seem to find it. It's probably rather old, anyway.

---Walter
milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
timespike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing
Yup, no canon stats but since Righteous Vengeance is the NPC that PCs usually want on their side when being harrassed by demons, I've just given him full 18 Forces and 10 Word forces, all fighting related Songs at 6, Cel Attraction and the Affinity Songs at 6 and most other Songs at 2-4 and some secret Songs. All Laurence's attunements and most of Uriel's. The Malakite Attunements from War, Fire, Judgement and Stone. One on One, Proficiency, Sure-Footed, and Howl from War, Smite and Whispers of Inspiration from Fire, Heavenly Judgement from Judgement (although he rarely bothers to use it). Smattering of Friend and Master distinctions.

Can you tell that he is one of my favourite combat monster NPCs? :) Relievers call him the demons' Bogeyman and throw parties since he is on *their* side.
Peliel is powerful, but what you're describing is Michael , not Peliel. :)

Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #9
tbug

Default IN Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
It's basically a private project that has some obscure back-end which is apparently arcane.
Right-ho. So is there a wiki engine anywhere on sjgames.com we could use? It would involve a lot of copying and pasting, but we could do it.

Can we use the author's text, or would we need to reword?
tbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by timespike
Peliel is powerful, but what you're describing is Michael , not Peliel. :)
Hmm. Peliel is the Colonel of the Eternal Sword (and the leader most of the time since Laurence has his Archangelic duties) and so one of the oldest and toughest Word bound around. Considering his age, experience and success I don't think that he's too powerful. Of course, the Heaven in my campaign is united in wanting to keep the demonic WBs down and so Peliel and the Eternal Sword has good support from the other (War faction) Words.

Of course, I've got just as powerful WB demons of Baal, Belial and Saminga.

Besides, Michael doesn't have Laurence's attunements or mere 10 Word forces. :)

Still, at minimum, I'd give Peliel 16 Forces, all of Laurence's attunements and distinctions and all combat related Songs at the minimum level of 3.

I haven't come up with anything really good for his special power, though.