Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #71
arconom

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

This is an Infinite Worlds game I started running about 18 months ago. It is still going. The following is a report of the first few sessions. The report was written by the NPC leader of the party.

Mission Report

Mission ID: 001FFQ37E

Worldline: John Heston's empty

Jump Status: Successful

Mission: John Heston, head of Infinity R&D, has been on vacation for nine days. He was supposed to report in two days ago as a routine check-in. Go make sure he

isn't dead and report back.

Mission Status: Successful - Delayed

Team Lead: Special Agent Alex Mack (Jumper)

Other team members:

Patrolman Nicholas DuClair (Nexer)
Patrolman John Hightower (Spec Ops)
Patrolman Nadine (Medic)
Patrolman Max Power (Criminal Justice)

Report:

Day 1

Arrived on empty without issue. Patrolman Hightower and Patrolman Power found Mr. Heston in his mansion. He seemed in a good mood. He also decided to return to Homeline with team Charlie.

The return jump was unsuccessful. There was a deviation in the quantum resonance that caused an off target jump. Quantum scans revealed that we had landed on a shiftrealm. The area contained in the shiftrealm was relatively small, only a small mountain and a mile or two of surrounding terrain. The conveyor's drive shaft was damaged during the jump, so I destroyed it after we took what supplies we could carry. We made camp in a nearby cave.

Day 2

Patrolman DuClair, with some ingenious electrical engineering, managed to boost the gain on the parachronic detector. He was able to detect a disturbance somewhere in the mountain. We made plans to locate the disturbance on the following day, since most of day two was spent finding a place from which to scan and altering the scanning equipment. We made camp near a small stream near the base of the mountain.

Second watch was interrupted by the approach of several scaled humanoids. They communicated psionically. They asked to be left alone. We assured them that we intended to leave the area as soon as possible.

Day 3

After making sure that our only form of egress was in the center of the mountain, we made plans to ask the locals if they knew about a nexus within the mountain. They were aware of the nexus, and DuClair was able to convince them to let us pass through it, even with the added difficulty of Hightower being a little too ready for combat.

We traversed the portal and arrived on an island. A brief recon of the island revealed a small grass hut and the remnants of boat construction. Someone left an axe behind. Hightower and DuClair grabbed some timber and used it to float them across the water to a nearby larger land mass. Once there, they encountered a local who offered them his boat and some freshly cooked fish. The team regrouped on the larger land mass and, after a bit of difficulty communicating to the local, we got him to show us to the nearest town. The journey would take 1.5 days.

Day 4

During the hike toward the village, DuClair ran the chronolog and determined that the local year is 847. He also determined that we are most likely in or near the Philippines, where the local language is Tagalog, a language that died shortly after the turn of the millenium.

Day 5

We arrived at a small fishing community. The people were friendly, even though we couldn't understand each other. They showed us to a vacant hut that we would be allowed to use. One of the locals brought some fish to the hut for us. We designated the hut as our rest area. Our base of operations was designated in an area out of sight from the village and in the direction of the island with the nexus.

We heard the familiar sound of a parachronic jump. The sound came from above the town, suggesting that the jump was either an error, or made with an airborne conveyor. We sprang to action immediately. Hightower, Power, and Nadine were at the edge of town when they heard the noise. DuClair was in the hut. I was gathering intel on the locals. Shortly after, I heard a firearm discharge. I ran toward the hut to find DuClair dragging one of the locals into the hut. Patrolman DuClair reported that he discharged his ISP at the man (possibly a Centrum agent in disguise) who tried to stab him with an Eraser hypodermic. We didn't have time to consider the implications of this development as we regrouped and made plans to intercept the possible threat. Hightower's group saw the craft head in the direction of the nexus.

We approached the craft. Hightower identified it as a Centrum conveyor. Once the team was in position, I gave Hightower the command to fire. He dropped the two guards with one shot. DuClair and Power advanced and neutralised the two remaining Centrum agents in the conveyor.

We established a perimeter. DuClair inspected the conveyor and disabled its security measures. We found upon further inspection that this conveyor was self-propagating. We decided to make several jumps to throw off any pursuers. We jumped to a Q5 empty, then to another Q5 empty, then to Homeline.

Additional Comments:

Patrolman DuClair performed excellently as both a leader and a nexer.
Patrolman Power doesn't play well with others. Seems to have a problem with Patrolman Nadine.
Patrolman Hightower is an excellent marksman.
Patrolman Nadine executed orders efficiently and without question.

Report Concluded.

Last edited by arconom; 10-01-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: formatting
arconom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #72
Opellulo

Currently DM'ing

Time of the Gods: a mithical Greece campaign based on the old Cretan Chronicles gamebooks: the PC are powerful heroes born with a dooming prophecy describing the end of the World. They can call Gods intervention with the correct invocation and sufficent dedication... (SPOILER) The "End of the World prophecy" predicts the End of the Gods world and the start of the age of men.

10-12 sessions played, currently on hiatus until winter.

Currently thinking about

Weiss Cocoon: just for fun some years ago I re-wrote the Evangelion anime story with western topics (less teenagers and more Cold War, less robots and more tanks, less angels and more aliens). The thing went alive itself becoming a massive conspiracy story with ususpected Supers, superscience and a good apocaliptic ending.

Now I'm thinking about merging these two campaign Inception style.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #73
Whome?

I'm currently running "High School Hotties in High Heels" a Gurps Horror game.

This game is Based on the hit Show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - the title is for humour - like "Surf Nazis Must Die" kinda thing.

The game is purely "Horror High School" - good vs evil.

OOC: I will be using concepts from a Gurps module published on e23 that took place in a High School.
Whome? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #74
zylosan

Among Titans
Episodes in my long running Fantasy setting. Combines the world setting from White Wolfs Exalted with a lot of material coverted from Warmachine and Hordes by Privateer Press. Unusuall to the Exalted setting is the fact that all player characters are Non-Exalted. PC's struggle to build and support an independant kingdom as normal-ish people. The Exalted are more a background element similar to the gos and power of other settings. Morals only have a hope against the Exalted in large trained military groups that make use of powerful automatons and essence empowered warbeasts. Politics and realm building are a big part of creating and supporting those armies. Most recent campagin arch lasted around 8 months so about 32 sessions.
zylosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #75
Purple Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Campaigns with websites:[INDENT]Dawn of Magic. One of my players had a site for it here, while the last 30 or so game sessions (out of nearly 300 played over almost 7 years) are recapped on my blog here.
After much fiddling with the recalcitrant Wayback Machine:

Index
Recap 1-10
Recap 11-20
Recap 21-30
Recap 31-40
Recap 41-50
Recap 51-60
Recap 61-70
Recap 71-80
Recap 81-90
Recap 91-100
Recap 101-110
Recap 111-120
Recap 121-130
Recap 131-140
Recap 141-150
Recap 151-160
Recap 161-170
Recap 171-180
Recap 181-190
Recap 191-200
Recap 201-210
Recap 211-220 (not archived)
Recap 221-230
World
Orginizations
Player Characters
Mushamee
Recnam
Vinz
Rufus
Kaeso
NPC's
Items
Rules
Purple Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #76
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
Recap 211-220 (not archived)
I have a local copy of this page if anyone has somewhere to host it.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #77
Purple Haze

Also missing are all the recaps between Episode 222 (3 Desyat 1002 - Roman Hell) and the first recap on the blog (15 Odin 1002 - Assassin God's chamber).
Purple Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #78
Captain Joy

A GURPS: Space campaign set in the Star Trek universe, original series era, TL11^ safe tech. Significant differences between canon Trek and this campaign include the following:
  • phaser stun is not automatic, you get a HT roll to resist
  • phaser disintegration setting does not make you disappear, it does crush explosive damage, i.e. Pulse Laser (see GURPS: Ultra Tech p118-119)
A few of my Star Trek adventures are available via the web, e.g. Terilek. They can generally be played in one 4-6 hour gaming session. If you're interested, email me.

A GURPS: Horror/Monster Hunters campaign set in the Renaissance Florence. It's a Monster Hunters campaign with 150 point characters with access to wheel-lock weapons.

I welcome private messages with advice and/or criticism regarding these campaigns or their websites.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 06-25-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: generic updating
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #79
Faolyn

My current game is called True Tales of the Ley Line Patrol, a cops game set in a fantasy world (PCs include two orcs, an elf, and a human) with modern-day magic-based technology (sort of; instead of computers, for instance, people use magical Tomes to which daemons have been bound, to write, store, and share information). Only one-and-two-thirds adventures in, but it seems to be going along OK.
Faolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #80
stefanj

Here is a partially completed manuscript of something I was writing for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy:

http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones/free_villages.doc

It's a village sourcebook. Maybe it will be of use to someone.

EDIT:

Here is an RTF version, http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones/free_villages.rtf

Last edited by stefanj; 01-12-2011 at 02:35 PM.
stefanj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nigirea