Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #21
Anaraxes

Default Re: Animals used as improvised 'Hand Weapons' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Is this what Animal Friend 4 looks like?
I think it was a clip from "Beastmaster IV". Alas, sadly never released.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #22
Prince Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos View Post
The scene was in my head at the time, yes. It's pretty memorable (I'm sure Loki didn't forget).

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #23
Donny Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
The scene was in my head at the time, yes. It's pretty memorable (I'm sure Loki didn't forget).
It's possibly the best moment of all the Marvel films. Followed closely by Captain America in the elevator -- "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?"
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #24
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
That fits. With the Improvised Weapons perk, the specialization, or both? Maybe some kind of 'uncooperative weapon' perk?
A good basis for comparison is how you are allowed to use the shield skill to block with a person if you are able to lift them. B375 "If you’re strong enough to grab and lift someone, you can block with his body!"

There's not even any mention of damage/skill penalties like there usually is for improvised weapons, unless that got added later.

I'm assuming whether you use Buckler or normal Shield depends on how you're holding them (in front of the fist, or along the forearm by their belt strap).

If you can improvise them as a shield for 'blocking' purposes, perhaps it might also work for other stuff like Shield Bash or Shield Rush?

If you can improvise them as shield, making them mimic other weapons (bo staff if they are held stiff? whip if they go limp?) might work?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #25
dcarson

I read a comedy fanfic where the one martial artist character knew pressure points to make someone go rigid so you use them as a pole arm. He used it in a bar brawl so he had something to parry the thrown glasses and plates coming at him.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:57 AM   #26
Pursuivant

Wasn't there an AD&D spell/magic item that allowed you to create a venomous snake and use it as a whip?

Any hit with the whip allowed the snake to bite.
Pursuivant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:58 PM   #27
Racer

Was pointed to 'Real Life: Improbable Weapon User' page on Tv Tropes has a few of these :

Someone in New Zealand was charged with assault with a weapon - to wit, a hedgehog. Seriously.

Not content with NOT being the most improbable weapon user, Florida Man was once charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon, when he threw a baby alligator at a Wendy's Fast food attendent.

Also FROZEN Squirrels !!!

Fortean Times had an article of a African Elephant flailing largre (soon to be dead) LIZARD around & cracking it's 4 to 5 foot body like a whip ! Like the Chimp examples above it's not particularly nice but shows it's not just a human(oid) trait .

Last edited by Racer; 01-12-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote