Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2023, 12:57 AM   #1
Nightrider_88

Default The Wheel of Time characters in GURPS.

I found uite a few threads discussing various aspects of the setting and basic characters templates, but does have any idea how to repesent protagonists, especially as they described in the last volumes?
Nightrider_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:12 AM   #2
RGTraynor

Default Re: The Wheel of Time characters in GURPS.

Same way as any other literary character: just plunk points in where you think they ought to go. The magic system takes some thought, and might be best replicated with sorcery, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were any number of blog treatments and threads on the subject.

(Yes, there are. Quite aside from there having been a number of threads on this forum on the subject over the years, Googling "Wheel of Time" + GURPS produces many unofficial efforts.

With that, the later in the series you get, the more superhuman several of the protagonists get. I doubt you get late series Rand in under 500.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 04:09 PM   #3
Kage2020

Default Re: The Wheel of Time characters in GURPS.

Having a decent representation of "thread weaving" in GURPS is one of my Questing Beasts, in part because it sounds really good when you read the novels but I worry that it would just be tedious in play. Still, I would love to see someone make a GURPS One Power. :D
Kage2020 is offline   Reply With Quote