Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics
 
DouglasCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burnsville, MN
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Octopus View Post
Thanks again Douglas! Very cool stuff about the skalds and songs. I need to use them more in the campaign!
A 16-page book on Skalds/Bards really ought to be on my Wish List of things to write for Nordlond. They're too important to have as a generic bard.
__________________
Gaming Ballistic, LLC
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #12
Refplace
 
Refplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Yukon, OK
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
A 16-page book on Skalds/Bards really ought to be on my Wish List of things to write for Nordlond. They're too important to have as a generic bard.
I'd be interested.I mean I bought all your stuff already so thats not much of an incentive but still...
__________________
Looking for group in my area
My GURPS official contributions Buying them lets us know you want more!
My GURPS fan contribution and blog:
REFPLace GURPS Landing Page
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #13
Stix4armz
 
Stix4armz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I'd be interested.I mean I bought all your stuff already so thats not much of an incentive but still...
I'll second that! I can't get enough of the new DFRPG and Nordlond books!
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #14
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics
 
DouglasCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burnsville, MN
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I'd be interested.I mean I bought all your stuff already so thats not much of an incentive but still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
I'll second that! I can't get enough of the new DFRPG and Nordlond books!
Thanks guys. I've already got at least one book on the back burner . . . and of course 2020 is the year that I go all-out on the Noršlondr Ovinabokin: the Noršlond Enemies Book.

Yep: a giant Bestiary. 200-300 critters. Hopefully full color and hardback . . . but I guess we'll see if we can make it that big. I hope so. That one will be mid to late 2020, though. I've got a TFT project to do first.
__________________
Gaming Ballistic, LLC
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
LokRobster
 
LokRobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic of Texas; FOS
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Thanks guys. I've already got at least one book on the back burner . . . and of course 2020 is the year that I go all-out on the Noršlondr Ovinabokin: the Noršlond Enemies Book.

Yep: a giant Bestiary. 200-300 critters. Hopefully full color and hardback . . . but I guess we'll see if we can make it that big. I hope so. That one will be mid to late 2020, though. I've got a TFT project to do first.
Would it be crazy to offer-bundle a 16page Skald book as a add-on to the Ovinabokin?

BEASTS AND BARDS
__________________
Our rarely updated CarWars blog & Hotwheel conversion tutorial: North Texas Autoduel Association
LokRobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #16
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics
 
DouglasCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burnsville, MN
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
Would it be crazy to offer-bundle a 16page Skald book as a add-on to the Ovinabokin?

BEASTS AND BARDS
It would not be crazy . . . but I'm going to try something in 2020 that might make that irrelevant (the add-on thing).

My experience with late add-ons is mixed. On the one hand, the add-ons for The Fantasy Trip were incredibly well received, and probably doubled my revenue. Those were counter sheets and a card deck, and the addition of a fifth adventure to the original four was more of a "yeah, I mispriced the original offering high, and *everyone* gets the new fifth book, which takes the pricing to where it should have been in the first place."

For Nordlond Sagas, adding Hand of Asgard as an add-on mid campaign was not as effective as it could have been. Folks were confused about whether it was included or an add-on (after pledging, many simply ignore the campaign and the updates until the end; that's not a complaint . . . if you back a lot of kickstarters then you are FLOODED with updates), and while I think it did OK, I think more folks will find that book useful than bought it.

In short . . . having "oh, and this other thing too" as an add-on is OK, but it can muddle the pitch unless (as with Phil Reed's new campaigns), "pick from this extensive and cool back-catalog of stuff" is one of the actual pitches from the campaign itself.

I want to keep the enemies book focused on JUST the enemies book. It is a giant project worthy of 100% of my focus and attention. I want to keep the offerings simple on that one. I also will be trying something with some of the upcoming projects that may well really help with the project queue, add-ons, etc. More on that once Nordlond Sagas is done.
__________________
Gaming Ballistic, LLC
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #17
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
A 16-page book on Skalds/Bards really ought to be on my Wish List of things to write for Nordlond. They're too important to have as a generic bard.
They should be more martial than your average DF bard.
__________________
“He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion... Nor is it enough that he should hear the opinions of adversaries from his own teachers, presented as they state them, and accompanied by what they offer as refutations. He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.”
Anders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #18
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics
 
DouglasCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burnsville, MN
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
They should be more martial than your average DF bard.
That definitely needs to be one of the different flavors.
__________________
Gaming Ballistic, LLC
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #19
Gnomasz
 
Gnomasz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poland
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I want to keep the enemies book focused on JUST the enemies book. It is a giant project worthy of 100% of my focus and attention. I want to keep the offerings simple on that one. I also will be trying something with some of the upcoming projects that may well really help with the project queue, add-ons, etc. More on that once Nordlond Sagas is done.
Besides, Cardboard Heroes or print-yourself-pdf papercraft minis make waaaay more sense as an addon for a monsters book.
__________________
My irregular blog: d8 hit location table
Gnomasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:25 PM   #20
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics
 
DouglasCole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burnsville, MN
Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
Besides, Cardboard Heroes or print-yourself-pdf papercraft minis make waaaay more sense as an addon for a monsters book.
That's true, and I did something similar for TFT. If folks want something that's on heavy card-stock that's basically the old CH model (cut 'em, fold 'em, stick 'em in a base yourself) I can probably do that quite easily.

If we want the new die-cut cardboard models that are basically 1" x 2" standees (that you still have to provide the base for yourself, but SJG does sell bases), I can still do that . . . but it's going to be VERY expensive unless a whole lot of folks want them and I can arrange a special run. And even then, it's a new supply chain for me if I feel that no one can afford them unless I do a custom large scale run.

Printing and shipping "stuff" instead of "books" is non-trivial, and I don't have the scale to risk a mess-up. I will consider this carefully and see what I can offer with confidence when the time comes.
__________________
Gaming Ballistic, LLC
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
noršlond, nordvörn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.