Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
KevinJ

Default A pair of spell variants.

When looking for ways to spice up the spell list, something occured to me, if you can make a megahex slippery or sticky, why not a single target?

IQ14
Cement (T) [3]: This spell makes the target extremely sticky, much like the Sticky Floor spell, for 12 rounds. The victim is reduced to MA 1 and every object the victim touches will stick to him. This does no stop other actions like melee combat, or spell casting, but missiles and thrown weapons stick to the victim’s hand and cannot be released.
Anyone grabbing, grappling, or entering HTH combat will be stuck to the victim and also become sticky. When two or more characters are stuck together, each has MA 0 while attached.
It requires a 5/ST save to pull yourself off a Cemented character, like a wall or the ground. A Cemented character who is standing can make a 3/ST save to move 2 hexes followed by a 3/DX to remain standing.
Flying creatures can still fly, but they still cannot use thrown or missile weapons and if they land they will become stuck to that surface. Creatures with 31+ ST have an MA of 2, but everything sticks to them as normal. Rope spells are super-effective…
No character can be both Cemented and Lubricated at the same time.

Lubricate (T) [3]: Makes the target extremely slippery for the next 12 rounds, as if dowsed in oil. So long as the victim remains still (dropping a held item is OK as well), no roll is required. If the victim moves, picks an object up, puts down a held object, draws a weapon, sheaths a weapon, casts a spell, etc, he must make a 3/DX roll or fall down and drop anything they were holding. Getting up, climbing stairs or a ladder, running, or engaging in melee requires a 5/DX save or the victim falls. A Lubricated character can crawl 1-hex per Round while on the ground.

Anyone trying to grab, hold, wrestle, or engage in HTH combat with the victim required a 5/DX roll or the victim slips from their grasp. Rope spells have no effect on the lubricated character.

Flying creatures can still fly, but they cannot hold onto weapons or other objects unless they succeed in a 4/DX save. No character can be both Cemented and Lubricated at the same time.

As I was copying and pasting it occurred to me that I only intended this as a single target spell for 1-hex targets. I suppose there needs to be an increased ST cost for larger targets, either XST per hex of target, of x for a 1-hex target, y for a 2-hex target, z for a 3-hex target, and so on.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Anomylous

Default Re: A pair of spell variants.

[ deleted ]

Last edited by Anomylous; 06-05-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Anomylous is offline   Reply With Quote