Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Network > GURPS Vehicle Builder

Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Swordman

Default More GVB questions

Greetings all:

Having just received the GVB disc that I ordered, I was obliged to do some experimental designs ion order to become familiar with the program. I immediately noticed some problems with the design process. To wit:
My first test design was a transformable battlesuit that can become a motorcycle. It is also equipped with a fusion rocket to provide jump capacity. When GVB calculated ground and air performance for this design, it omitted ground performance as a two-legged battlesuit. Additionally, this design weighs in at 2,450 lbs, and the fucsion rocket delivers 2,500 lbs. The air performance lists Emt at 2,500 lbs, not 50 lbs as it should be; I can't figure out how to correct this.
When designing a robot or android, the biomorphics section omitted the 'sex implant' mod.
I also see that in the power & fuel section, I can't create customized rechargebale power cells. I do have the option of using numbres of standard RPCs, but I want to design RPCs with an exact capacity.
Any advice would be most welcome.

MIke Garrity
Swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Swordman

Default Re: More GVB questions

Another thing that is missing is the bio-computer mod in the Instruments & Electronics section.
JUst downloaded and installed the 2.0 update; and ALL of the performance profiles for every one of my designs have disappeared. WTF??

MIke Garrity
Old 07-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
tjoneslo

Yes, the 2.02 update changed the way we did performance profiles, you need to add them manually back in.

Bio computers are hiding under three different templates: Neural Net biocomputer, Sentient biocomputer and Cyborg Brain.

Have you tried your new design with the updated version of GVB yet? your problems with the performance profiles may be resolved by the new performance templates. If not, post back and I'll see what I can do.

For the Powercells, you need to use the "Power Cell" template, not the "Cell" template. The former lets you create cells of any size, and rechangeable or not. The latter is for the default sizes.
tjoneslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
Swordman

Hi, Thomas:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I saved copies of the older versions of the designs and will re-enter them in the updated format.

Mike Garrity