Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
ChocoboGM

Default Mass Effect?

Hey, it's me again. So, I recently watched the andromeda trailer and thought it would be pretty cool to run my own version of it with the friends. So, I would think that the lore of the game would help make my job much easier, but what GURPS books might I want to look into in order to help build the galaxies?

What I have planned is that an exploratory ship was sent from the milky way during the reaper invasion was going on, but kind of veered significantly off course from the original route and found its way into a different galaxy. I plan to run an introductionary adventure to start off, maybe run around the ship waking everyone up and getting everything back online/taking inventory.

So, yeah. What do you guys think?
ChocoboGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #2
weby

Default Re: Mass Effect?

Yes, the mass effect universe is definitely a place that is suitable for gaming, there are very few things that break everything if given to PCs unlike many other scifi settings. My own Scifi setting has borrowed a lot from it because of that.

The special powers that I have built based on Mass effect 3 powers might be of interest to you:
https://water.roto.nu/seikkailu/doku...special_powers

As for books, you would likely want:
Ultra tech for the gadgets.
Space for the actual star system generation.

Maybe: Space ships for building the ships and maybe some of the further series for example ships. Though in the actual games the ships are just bases to act from and so not matter that much. Of special mention: Space ships 5 has a nice set of simple exploration rules.

Maybe: Psionics to build the powers..
Old 07-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Mass Effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
Maybe: Psionics to build the powers..
Just for the record, Psionics is a 3e book with a complete but not 4e compatible system for psionics. You can build most psionic powers straight from Characters but after that comes Powers and then Psionic Powers.

Powers is the more necessary of those books i.2. it comes before anything else with "Powers" in its' name. Psionic Powers uses the principles elaborated on in Powers and gives you a worked example of how to build your own set of psionic powers.