Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Gidoza

Default Potions VS Monster Enhancers

Monster Enhancers say plainly on the card that they boost a particular monster's combat strength, whereas Potions/Usable Once Only Treasure cards say "+X to either side."

My question is: Do the Potions/UOO cards affect only a particular monster, only simply the monster side, which is to say that no matter how many monsters enter or leave combat, those Potions' bonuses are in play until the combat is done?

Incidentally, if I want to be really stupid about it and the above is true, could all monsters be removed from the combat and the Potions' bonuses still linger such that a Munchkin has no monsters to fight and lose the combat anyways?
Gidoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Potions VS Monster Enhancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
My question is: Do the Potions/UOO cards affect only [...] the monster side, which is to say that no matter how many monsters enter or leave combat, those Potions' bonuses are in play until the combat is done?
That's correct, for the most part.

Quote:
Incidentally, if I want to be really stupid about it and the above is true, could all monsters be removed from the combat and the Potions' bonuses still linger such that a Munchkin has no monsters to fight and lose the combat anyways?
No. If there are no Monsters, there is nothing to support with the one-shot Item bonuses, so those Items lack any real power to do harm. Except, of course, any instantaneous effects that a one-shot Item might have, but those are fairly uncommon.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Gidoza

Default Re: Potions VS Monster Enhancers

But if there were no monsters in the combat, and THEN a Wandering Monster was played, the Potions would still be in effect, yes? I think this is right.

That's all, thank you. :)
Gidoza is offline   Reply With Quote