Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #1171
demonsbane

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlessRose View Post
For what it's worth, I've posted about this on a few of the lesser-used tabletop gamer forums. Hopefully I got a few people's attention.
With the same intention I've doing the same in different Google+ places as well.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #1172
Snapshot

Is there any information on the likely retail price for the boxed set once it's in production? I assume it'll be higher than the kickstarter price.

I'm asking because I own a bricks-and-mortar game store, and I need to work out whether it is better to commit to the retailer pledge, or just wait until my games wholesaler has them available (I need to factor in the shipping to Australia too, and it is superb news to hear about the reduced shipping cost!).
Snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #1173
Nemoricus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
Is there any information on the likely retail price for the boxed set once it's in production? I assume it'll be higher than the kickstarter price.

I'm asking because I own a bricks-and-mortar game store, and I need to work out whether it is better to commit to the retailer pledge, or just wait until my games wholesaler has them available (I need to factor in the shipping to Australia too, and it is superb news to hear about the reduced shipping cost!).
Here's a comment on the Kickstarter from Phillip Reed about that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mment-14319341
Nemoricus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #1174
Snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoricus View Post
Here's a comment on the Kickstarter from Phillip Reed about that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mment-14319341
Thanks very much!
Snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #1175
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Darn right. In fact, I've even heard that one of the GURPS team* is working on some fuel for the hype train that should soon be a pleasant surprise . . .

* Okay, it's me.
You are such an evil tease. No wonder you have a cat avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Yep, less than $2,500 to go at the moment, so at this point it's less a question of whether it funds, and more a question of what stretch goals we can hit. Fingers crossed for extra-cheap shipping and bonus PDFs!
Those would be nice but I am hoping most for the shipping so we can spread the books far and wide.

As for the New Zealanders cant we get some uplifted dolphins to haul books from Australia?
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #1176
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
I'd like to make a question, then: what is the difference between both in the discussed context?
From reading all the blurbs about it and seeing the current DF lines my take on that is this.
Dungeon Fantasy is full GURPS with a specific setting. That setting is painted in broad brush strokes and a GM can add pretty much what he wants or even nothing at all. However all GURPS rules are supported.
Dungeon Fantasy Powered by GURPS is bundled with the rules needed and those rules have been rewritten and streamlined to make it easier for new people to jump right in. Some social stuff is still there. Reaction Roles, for instance. Also there are Bards.
Some social stuff (probably Status and Rank) were cut and Wealth may have gotten simpler. We know Signature gear was changed.

Some people don't even use rules and roles when handling social stuff.
I dont see any reason for concern that the DF Boxed set will stop or prevent anything, its about 95% compatible after all.
After getting started if anyone wants to build towns or add to the simple setting or add other kinds of rules or options they can just get other books or wing it. Starting with the box set wont hurt them and it will make starting faster and easier.

If it does well supplements specific to it can be added or the ones already available used.
Most games had stuff added later, D&D certainly had no social stuff in the tan box.
With GURPS we already have it ready and waiting!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:37 AM   #1177
joncarryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
As for the New Zealanders cant we get some uplifted dolphins to haul books from Australia?
Will the shipping drop to Australia affect NZ shipping prices (in terms of being able to on-ship from there) or is NZ shipping still a completely separate issue?
joncarryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:43 AM   #1178
joncarryer

On a completely unrelated matter, I noticed before Auckland got bumped out of the top 10 cities for backers that there were 5 backers from here. As I have had great difficulty finding others to play DF (or even GURPS) with me here, who are these DFing Aucklanders? I know me, and I know (E) is actually a ways north of here, but that still leaves 3 people I could potentially be playing DF with.....
joncarryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:11 AM   #1179
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
Admittedly I place the value of the year's subscription to Pyramid at zero (having been underwhelmed by several individual issues I've bought),
If you can split your order feel free to sign them over to me and if the exchange is possible I'll buy you any GURPS PDF from W23 you like. That's up to $20+ value for something you value at nothing.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:57 AM   #1180
t@nya

Less than a thousand to go, now. :)
t@nya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy