Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #931
Rasputin

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
As of this writing, we're at $80,825 and have a little over 19 days to go!
The Car Wars Kickstarter had half the money of which it would eventually garner as of the 10th day of the Kickstarter. So, to get an idea of what the Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter will get, we can double the total at the end of the day yesterday ($79,680), giving us $159,360. So, basic funding and the stretch goals through $140,000 are pretty much a given, and I'd give about a 55% chance of hitting the stretch goal at $155,000. There's a small but real chance (about 1-in-3 by my primitive formula, which I think is hitting high) of hitting the $175,000 stretch goal, but anything beyond that isn't worth putting up unless it's sure to cause folks to up their pledges to get it.

My GURPS blog.

Last edited by Rasputin; 09-11-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: grammar
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #932
kmunoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
The Car Wars Kickstarter had half the money of which it would eventually garner as of the 10th day of the Kickstarter. So, to get an idea of what the Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter will get, we can double the total at the end of the day yesterday ($79,680), giving us $159,360. So, basic funding and the stretch goals through $140,000 are pretty much a given, and I'd give about a 55% chance of hitting the stretch goal at $155,000. There's a small but real chance (about 1-in-3 by my primitive formula, which I think it hitting high) of hitting the $175,000 stretch goal, but anything beyond that isn't worth putting up unless it's sure to cause folks to up their pledges to get it.
Are the daily metrics the same up to this point, for both campaigns? That would tell us a lot more than the overall 10 day total.
kmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #933
kmunoz

I found this, which may or may not be meaningful in any way.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #934
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
Are the daily metrics the same up to this point, for both campaigns? That would tell us a lot more than the overall 10 day total.
Here are the Kicktraq pages for Car Wars Arenas and DFRPG for anyone interested in comparisons.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #935
kmunoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Here are the Kicktraq pages for Car Wars Arenas and DFRPG for anyone interested in comparisons.
Yeah so far the curve is roughly the same, maybe just a smidge slower for DFRPG.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #936
dbm

Quote:
From the graph links posted above, after day 1 DF seems to be generating half as many backers as Ogre did. Ogre ended with 5512 backers, so (overly) simple math might suggest DF will get 2750 backers by the end? If the average backing level stays about $90 that's $247k approximately, which is a little higher than the estimate Kicktraq is currently giving.
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #937
GM Joe

It seems likely that if all goes as usual with these projects, we should at least end up with $10 off shipping. Those are the least-interesting stretch goals to me, but they would help a lot of people out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get enough for at least one of the three additional PDFs.

We'll know a lot more in a couple of weeks, I think.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #938
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
From the graph links posted above, after day 1 DF seems to be generating half as many backers as Ogre did.
I wouldn't use the Ogre campaign as a basis for any comparisons. The amount requested was an obvious lowball, and the amount garnered is just out of the league of both the DF and CW Kickstarters (as well as the amount requested). It also had an unusual surge starting at the 21st day of the Kickstarter, and earned even more at the end than it did at the beginning. The whole thing was just bizarre in retrospect, and I'm sure nobody at SJGames wants to repeat the company-wide constipation that Ogre did to production.

My GURPS blog.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #939
Rasputin

Quote:
Yeah so far the curve is roughly the same, maybe just a smidge slower for DFRPG.
The falloff after the first day was less. At first, this has to be owing to adding PDF-versions for $35—many of us upped our pledges immediately upon getting that e-mail. The EU shipping change may have eased things around day 7-8, though the Car Wars Kickstarter also had a short upswing on its eighth day. DF began on a Thursday, CW began on a Tuesday; there might be upswings on certain days of the week like Monday, but you'd have to look at many Kickstarters to get that.

Through 10 days, DF was at $79,680, and CW was at $50,159 (49.9% of its final total); that makes DF 159% of CW's total at the same point. At 15 days, CW was at $58,896 (big upswing at day 15). At 20 days, CW was at $66,094. At 25 days, CW was at $76,604 (big upswing day 21). Final, of course, is $100,434; my estimate is just 79680/50159*100434, or $159,544.

My GURPS blog.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #940
dbm

Looking at Car Wars, DF is performing more strongly in terms of both backers per day and average pledge at the moment. Looking pretty good at this point - let's hope it stays strong!
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy