Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #51
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Regrowth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irioth View Post
Oh. I guess I have overlooked that part of MA. OK then. This would then require UB+NE+NB+NV, 25 points, to fully emulate super-efficient regrowth.
And "No neck" and "No Blood". Though you could put limitations on them.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #52
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson
I thkink Vaevictus was asking if Regrowth included scarless healing in general, not just where body part replacement or restoration was involved. There's a lot of cosmetic scarring possible in wounds where no tissue has gone missing and no structural damage beyond HP loss occurred. This could be good or bad, and crucial in a society that places particular emphasis on scars.
I think the answer would still be the same, though. It looks OK to me to call it a Feature in games where there would not be any kind of stigma attached to scarring. Many people would be concerned about the possibility of negative impact to their appearance.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #53
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
I think the answer would still be the same, though. It looks OK to me to call it a Feature in games where there would not be any kind of stigma attached to scarring. Many people would be concerned about the possibility of negative impact to their appearance.
Given adventuring settings, equal or greater numbers would feel a negative impact for *lack* of scarring. "We have no work your soft hands are suitable for, city boy."

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #54
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson
Given adventuring settings, equal or greater numbers would feel a negative impact for *lack* of scarring. "We have no work your soft hands are suitable for, city boy."
Eh... I guess that might rate as a Quirk in some settings, though it seems to me like a bit of a stretch.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #55
Vaevictis Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
You have a point, although that particular situation is a matter of calluses, not scars.

Is there any official template or character that shows whether Heal Without Scars is a perk or a feature?

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 07-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #56
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
You have a point, although that particular situation is a matter of calluses, not scars.
There are plenty of scar opportunities wherever calluses are to be had, and scar tissue generally lasts much longer than callus. Scars are more likely to be significant to plots than callus, for just that reason.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote