Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
PenitentDemon

Default Various discord Questison

Can a Celestial have "Conflicting Discords"

e.g. Can a Demon have Merciful And murderous, or Selfless, and Greedy, and lustful

or other such bizzare combinations.

Also can I spend essence on rolls allowed to resist a etheral or celestial discord, or especialy with Paranoia do I not understand that their is anything TO resist.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Dalillama

Default Re: Various discord Questison

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Can a Celestial have "Conflicting Discords"

e.g. Can a Demon have Merciful And murderous, or Selfless, and Greedy, and lustful

or other such bizzare combinations.
There's nothing in the rules preventing it, but the Celetial is likely to be a twitching wreck mentally in pretty short order. In the case where both Will rolls fail, I'd rule that the Celestial is paralyzed with indecision for a numebr of rounds equal to the higher CD, then has to roll again.
Quote:
Also can I spend essence on rolls allowed to resist a etheral or celestial discord, or especialy with Paranoia do I not understand that their is anything TO resist.
The basic book indicates that you can, for those that allow a roll. Twitchy, Fear, and Need do not allow for any rolls to resist, though. They just define your behavior. Discord sucks, doesn't it?

Last edited by Dalillama; 03-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
discord