Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #11
whswhs

Default Re: Rewarding character points.

GURPS is designed to work well with award of 1-5 CP per session. If you want to base this on kills, figure out how many kills you expect a party to make per session (by whatever statistic you want to use to measure "kills") and divide by some number X, where kills divided by X comes out around 3 or 4.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #12
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Rewarding character points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
I try to use CP to incentivize players to remember to role-play their disadvantages. PCs gain bonus CP when a disadvantage inconveniences them, or when it has the potential to do so. CP can be earned by rolling self-control rolls or by reminding the GM of GM-controlled disadvantages like Enemy, Weirdness Magnet, etc., or by giving the GM ideas for how such disadvantages should come into play.
I also give CP for mission success or progress toward adventure goals.
I really do not like giving out CP because a disadvantage was, well, disadvantageous to a character (they get CP up front, so that would be double dipping in my opinion). And I am not going to give extra CP to a player just because they cripple their character with excessive disadvantages beyond the limit of the campaign because they want to make a 'good' story. When it comes to opponents, I do stat them out because every combat matters in my games (PCs fight masters, not mooks, in my games).
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote