Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
fifiste

Default Helping an old lady across the street

There is one situation that seems to be quite common in lots of movies.
In a forced march, a run from zombies etc. someone gets exhausted so much that s/he is either really slowed down or even ready to drop. (Less tha 1/3 fp i guess and 0 and negative fp)
The comrades not wanting to leave hapless character to be eaten by zombies give him/her their shoulders.
How would it look like. I understand that if I just raise someone over my shoulders or take them into my arms and carry them, I will just raise my encumberance and my new moive.
In those cases though I will only add some of the limpers weight on myself. And our move will be limited to the slower one of the two (or three if theres two supporters)
How would you do it. In case the limper is encumbered a support like this can remove an encumberance level. But in case they're already at 0 enc I don't know what do do.
Maybe the easiest would be to say the further fp loss for the supported char is stopped and the supproting char takes extra fp loss. And they both move at the limpers speed. Or at slower limpers speed + some bonus. Or average speed.

What about in the case of crippled limb?
fifiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
digoraccoon

Default Re: Helping an old lady across the street

Hmm... "Slower limper's speed + some bonus" seems the easiest way to go and would be my choice. A +1 to the limper's move should suffice since the limper is likely already moving at half from the FP loss.

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Helping an old lady across the street

I've always treated this as +1 to Move of someone slower than you after considering half that person's weight (they're still supporting some of it themselves) as encumbrance. For instance, a ST 10 person has BL 20, so a 150-lb. friend would put him at 75/20 = 3.75×BL. That's Heavy encumbrance, reducing a Basic Move 5 person to Move 2. That's enough to give +1 Move if his friend were at Move 0-1. A big, beefy guy with ST 13 has BL 34, would be at Medium and have Move 3, and could give +1 Move if his friend were at Move 0-2. And so on.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote