Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
Kallatari

Default Re: It's 2013: what's your campaign

For GMing,

My Counter-Strike campaign, a modern (now in the year 2002) NATO-based military special forces designed to take out terrorists groups, is still running strong. This is my second story arc (or campaign), and it's nearing it's conclusion; if the all goes well, the players might be able to nab the big bad guy at the end of the current mission/adventure. I've already got my next story arc lined up (which incorporates suggestions from a previous forum post on bad guys from Iceland; thanks everyone!)

I've also got a Chronicles of Kandoria campaign going, which is based on a home-made custom fantasy world. Wanted to test the world out a bit, as I plan on - one day - using it as the setting for writing my own fantasy novels. Sadly, this campaign isn't going so well... think it's just the current mix of players/characters that just aren't jiving right together. I'll give it a few more months and then decide if I'll keep running it.

If the Kandoria campaign ends, I'll likely go back to my kitchen-sink DragonStar campaign, loosely based on the d20 setting of the name. That said, been wanting to run a supers or monster hunter game for a while, but just haven't had the players who were interested. So who knows.

As to playing:

None at the moment. The other GM of my typical group of gamers is on a break for the moment, but is planning to start up a new campaign later this summer. It's going to be set in the 1700s in the US, a world with hidden magic and monsters. It's going to be a horror-like game, where the players start knowing nothing of the supernatural, but eventually stumble onto the magic and monsters and must stop some big evil something or other (don't know what it is yet, since I'm just a potential player ;) ).

All of the above are GURPS games. The other GM use to run d20 games (D&D and True20, and I recently introduced him to M&M but he hasn't used it for anything yet), but GURPS is now his new standard. He essentially couldn't create what he wanted for his horror game with d20, so finally made the full leap to GURPS as a GM (he's been playing in my GURPS games for a while now, so he does know the rules).
Kallatari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #42
whswhs

Default Re: It's 2013: what's your campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
None at the moment. The other GM of my typical group of gamers is on a break for the moment, but is planning to start up a new campaign later this summer. It's going to be set in the 1700s in the US, a world with hidden magic and monsters. It's going to be a horror-like game, where the players start knowing nothing of the supernatural, but eventually stumble onto the magic and monsters and must stop some big evil something or other (don't know what it is yet, since I'm just a potential player ;) ).
If your GM has not read Albion's Seed, they might like to take a look at it. It details the four different traditions of magic followed by different groups of British settlers, and how they developed in the United States.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags