Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #21
RyanW

Default Re: It's 2013: what's your campaign

Not running or playing anything right now, but I have a few campaign frameworks in mind should I find a suitable group interested in playing:

A court intrigue/investigation campaign set in a Space: 1889 style steampunk SF setting.

A medium-fantasy campaign set in a rough equivalent of the early 17th century.

An immediate post-nuclear survival campaign somewhat inspired by Twilight 2000.

A 1930s sky pirates campaign inspired by Crimson Skies and TailSpin (minus the funny animals).

ETA: Oh, yeah. And my campaign that's basically Technomancer, except the Trinity event killed almost everybody.

Last edited by RyanW; 02-14-2013 at 09:41 AM.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
Phantasm

Just settled an hour's drive east of Austin, and right now due to working second shift I had to drop the three weekday games I was in.

However, I am ramping up to start a GURPS SW game, possibly alternating Saturday nights with an Old West/Celtic Myth mashup game run by one of the others in the gaming group.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
William

In: copeab's Weird War II game, playing a Shinto priest from San Francisco.

Was in: a GURPS game GMed by tbrock, where we were characters from the Argo (I was playing a mashup of the two characters named Ancaeus, primarily as an excuse to play your standard muscly guy with a battleaxe). That petered out.

Thinking of: Planestuck. In which I post a starter scene in a thread on the gaming boards on planewalker.com that starts with a character in the depths of Carceri, and let the Internet GM me on my way back home, within certain reasonable restrictions (no rolls, story driven) and with occasional dramatic veto.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
Mailanka

I'm currently only running one campaign: Cherry Blossom Rain, a 300 points GURPS Martial Arts campaign (Though they're up to ~500 points now) set in Not-Japanm featuring a geisha, a bunch of samurai, and I-swear-I'm-just-a-yojimbo-not-a-ninja-honest. The game is irregular, what with school and work, but a friend of mine compared it to "That manga that takes months to come out, but when it does, everyone wants a copy." I'll (hopefully) doing the inaugural 2013 session tomorrow. The game is about a rebellion against the wicked Shogunate that went wrong and ended up with the death of the hero of the setting. The players are his children, family and allies, trying to pick up the pieces and survive the Shogunate's counter assault. So far, with some sacrifices, they've managed to blunt the Shogunate's tsunami on the cliffs of Sword Mountain.

I hope to finish Tech-Support, a PL 12 Mutants and Masterminds game featuring a bevy of technological super-heroes with some very unique mechanics. I already have a few people in the wings tugging on my sleeves for that one. I hope to release it in May.

I'm still playing in Mage: the Boston Chronicles, which has been running for ages now. I'm up to a Gnosis of 4 and I've just landed my Legacy as a Fang of Mara. Fear me!

Finally, I've been invited to join a Changeling: the Lost session which plays on irregular Wednesdays. No movement on that, though.

(That's just tabletop. I've attended my first, voluntary, all-my-own-idea LARP BlackHackZ, a larp about a hacker community. Very fun).
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
mehrkat

I'm playing in one game sort of standard mash up open world fantasy game in HERO system (the gm doesn't feel comfortable to run GURPS)

I just finished in Mid January my GURPS Spelljammer with all the PC's (but a late add) from a slightly altered Dragonlance history. After the time of the twins and the short story trilogies things didn't go crazy but turned into a less epic the world is blowing up every 10 years kind of world. Then gave them the gradual tools to form a police force for the multiverse.

I took a suggestion from William Stoddard and have a RPG game vote for the next campaign in my gaming group. I create 5 concepts and they pick one.

The winning vote is a game to create 100 point characters with 50 points in disads and then draw randomly super powers that I create. No tweaking once its created. The world is our world turned super with the help from aliens who made sure the Supers have mental problems that will drive all of them but PC's to be bad selfish violent sociopaths and the heroes have to stop the alien invasion and while they are at it save their world. They are high school juniors and just learning to deal with their powers.

I'm sort of excited about it.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
Michael Cule

I'm running a RQ3 world trotting campaign called AFTER STARBROW. The players are a wandering bunch of Satarite freedom fighters who are trying to keep away from the attentions of the Lunar Empire and are about to leave Pavis because their best fighter is a Truth cultist and couldn't give false names when asked. Next time, they'll send the Issaries merchant to deal with the authorities...
Michael Cule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
ak_aramis

Running 1 Star Wars game (using Edge of the Empire Beta) having just ended a second campaign of same (with different players).
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
johndallman
Night Watchman

Running: The Infinite Worlds Cabal campaign, where the players continue to surprise me after two years, and I try to return the favour. They've made a surprisingly good job of their recent dealings with Centrum, considering the circumstances.

Playing a Madness Dossier campaign based on the playtest materials. We're still feeling our way into the setting, but any game where I can play a Gurkha has a lot going for it.

Also playing a Weird War II campaign, which after five years play currently has us in Stalingrad just before the battle gets started, where we need to keep the NKVD from doing whatever causes precognitives to start screaming about the fire that burns Europe.

That's all the regular stuff; there's odd bits of old-school AD&D1e and conventions as well, although I'm not running any more cons any time soon.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
thorr-kan

Wrapped up the lastest round of the AD&D 2ED Al-Qadim game and the annual Prep and Landing Xmas game using the CoC rules.

Currently playing inna AD&D 1ED game, of all things. I've never done that before. The half-orc cleric/"thief" (assassin) is a lot of fun.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #30
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Playing a Madness Dossier campaign based on the playtest materials. We're still feeling our way into the setting, but any game where I can play a Gurkha has a lot going for it.
Did you resolve what Brain Hacking is exactly like? AFAIK the playtest never answered it besides the vignette.

Tags