Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
Yukimura

Default Re: W23 and reprints

Alright sorry for bothering you and thanks for the rules. I just had a look here where there were still the old rules.

Cheers,
Yukimura
Surrender or fight, there is no return,
Under Jolly Roger!
Yukimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
Alright sorry for bothering you and thanks for the rules. I just had a look here where there were still the old rules.

Cheers,
Yukimura
They're still valid for old sets and the 19th printing isn't even in stores yet, so we kinda have to cover both bases for a while. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
Yukimura

Yea sure. But I always used that way to look into the rules. I didn't know about worldofmunchkin.com/rules. :/ That was my mistake so sorry for bothering you again.

Cheers,
Yukimura
Surrender or fight, there is no return,
Under Jolly Roger!
Yukimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
fuelstaind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Look here. It tells you everything that will get reprinted this year. As was accurately reported, the Rigged Demo is going to be replaced with Marked For Death, and there's no current plan to reprint the Cursed Demo, so we shall speak no more about it until there is a plan to reprint it.
I was unaware that Marked for Death was replacing the Rigged Demo. So what about the promo cards that came with that set, will they also get the color treatment?
fuelstaind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelstaind View Post
One last thing - I think I have seen the answer to this question, but this will put it out there for sure. Are ALL of the Munchkin sets getting reprints with updated cards, from Blender to the Rigged Demos? Or is there some that are being left as they are?
We don't plan to reprint the Rigged Demo, since (as was stated downthread) Marked for Death takes its place (and has NEW cards). We haven't made any announcement about the Cursed Demo, other than that some of its promo cards will be reprinted at some point this year. And we haven't announced reprints of every other Munchkin product, but right now I believe the plan is to schedule reprints with updated cards and rules as they're needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
Well, Munchkin 6, Munchkin Dice, Fairy Dust and Waiting for Santa will not get updated cards, because they don't need.
To be clear, though, Munchkin 6 and Munchkin Dice will get colored cards when they're reprinted. (Munchkin 6 had a few wording tweaks, but nothing meaning-changing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack_black View Post
Classic Munchkin is the only "non color" set that is to be reprinted in full color (all of the other sets are already in full color).
To be clear, all fantasy sets that are reprinted will be reprinted with color cards. I think Zack was talking about core sets in his response, but I wanted to be explicit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelstaind View Post
I was unaware that Marked for Death was replacing the Rigged Demo. So what about the promo cards that came with that set, will they also get the color treatment?
Marked for Death does not contain any promo cards. If we do end up reprinting fantasy Munchkin promo cards, they will be color.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #16
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
Yea sure. But I always used that way to look into the rules. I didn't know about worldofmunchkin.com/rules. :/
There is a plan to handle exactly your situation. Although it's a compromise between a couple of different priorities, it's not going to be chaos. There is an underlying pattern, which I look forward to sharing.

The /rules/ page is now the single best source for updated rules, and it also lists the previous rules (where applicable). That's not going away in the foreseeable future; you can use that as a reliable bookmark. Linking directly to the rules PDFs in the product directory will sometimes yield different results, particularly during this transitional period. But, as I said, I have a plan...

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Munchkin 19th printing is now on W23.

http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SJG1408
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #18
Paul

Also: most if not all distributors have copies, and therefore it is available to most if not all retailers. The copy you see today may be the 19th printing!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quick and dirty way to check: look at the back of the box. If the cards are in color, you have a 19th printing!

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Since the rules are already up, I guess I don't understand why this question is being asked.
To clarify this a little bit, the current product pages link to the rulesheets that are in the boxes you're likely to find at your local FLGS. The Rules page lists the latest rulesheets we have, as well as the previous versions.

Munchkin 19th is now available, so the rulesheet link on its product page now points to the latest version; that happened a few hours ago. For people who bookmarked the online rulesheet directly, some Server Magic is in place so those bookmarks will not only keep working, but now point to the correct document.

As more sets get reprinted, their pages will follow suit, until eventually all the products with all the latest rules are in stores, at which point the product pages and the Rules page will be in sync. Any outdated browser bookmarks will still work, thanks to that Server Magic, but I advise just bookmarking the central Rules page instead.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.

Last edited by RevBob; 05-26-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Clarification - browser bookmarks, not printed Munchkin bookmarks
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote