Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
fuelstaind

Default W23 and reprints

I know that the core fantasy Munchkin reprint in full color started shipping out today from W23. And I believe that I read somewhere that any new orders for this set would be filled with the new color version. My question is will there be any notification of when the updated reprints of the remaining core games and expansions will available through W23 beyond the listing on the Daily Illuminator a few days ago?

Just a side question, what happens to any old stock that is in the warehouse? One must believe that just throwing it out is not a financially feasible option.
fuelstaind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: W23 and reprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelstaind View Post
I know that the core fantasy Munchkin reprint in full color started shipping out today from W23.
No, it started shipping to distributors today. W23 will start shipping it later this week.

Quote:
And I believe that I read somewhere that any new orders for this set would be filled with the new color version. My question is will there be any notification of when the updated reprints of the remaining core games and expansions will available through W23 beyond the listing on the Daily Illuminator a few days ago?
I believe the plan is to announce the reprints in the Illuminator as they happen, but I will not swear to that. If you're nice, I might remember to come by here and let everyone know . . .

Quote:
Just a side question, what happens to any old stock that is in the warehouse? One must believe that just throwing it out is not a financially feasible option.
That, I'm sorry to say, is a business decision that isn't open for public discussion.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
fuelstaind

I'll try to be nice, but no promises..... Alright, I promise..... Please. Please. Please let us know when the new sets are coming out as soon as you can.

One last thing - I think I have seen the answer to this question, but this will put it out there for sure. Are ALL of the Munchkin sets getting reprints with updated cards, from Blender to the Rigged Demos? Or is there some that are being left as they are?
fuelstaind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
bonetm

Quote:
Are ALL of the Munchkin sets getting reprints with updated cards, from Blender to the Rigged Demos? Or is there some that are being left as they are?
Well, Munchkin 6, Munchkin Dice, Fairy Dust and Waiting for Santa will not get updated cards, because they don't need.

And I don't believe the Rigged Demo will be reprinted. The Marked for Death card will just cover this
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Yukimura

Since I don't want to buy the reprinted cards and there is still some time until I can buy the GUAL set, will you update the rulesheet on the worldofmunchkin.com webpage so that everyone can have a look at the new rules?

Cheers,
Yukimura
Surrender or fight, there is no return,
Under Jolly Roger!
Yukimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
zack_black

Quote:
One last thing - I think I have seen the answer to this question, but this will put it out there for sure. Are ALL of the Munchkin sets getting reprints with updated cards, from Blender to the Rigged Demos? Or is there some that are being left as they are?
Classic Munchkin is the only "non color" set that is to be reprinted in full color (all of the other sets are already in full color).

In September, SJG will release a set called Go Up a Level that will contain “upgrade” rules and 132 replacement cards spanning the whole Munchkin line. That won’t include every card that has changed, but it will replace the ones with substantial or hard-to remember differences. That way you won't have to get rid of your old cards.

All sets will eventually be reprinted. SJG expects to have everything updated before the end of 2010 except for Munchkin Impossible. That one will be coming at some point in 2011.

"Observe the snow. It fornicates."
zack_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
Since I don't want to buy the reprinted cards and there is still some time until I can buy the GUAL set, will you update the rulesheet on the worldofmunchkin.com webpage so that everyone can have a look at the new rules?

Cheers,
Yukimura
Since the rules are already up, I guess I don't understand why this question is being asked.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Yukimura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Since the rules are already up, I guess I don't understand why this question is being asked.
Really? I couldn't find the new rules with those extra 2 pages. Can somebody give me a link?

Cheers,
Yukimura
Surrender or fight, there is no return,
Under Jolly Roger!
Yukimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
MunchkinMan

Quote:
I'll try to be nice, but no promises..... Alright, I promise..... Please. Please. Please let us know when the new sets are coming out as soon as you can.

Look here. It tells you everything that will get reprinted this year. As was accurately reported, the Rigged Demo is going to be replaced with Marked For Death, and there's no current plan to reprint the Cursed Demo, so we shall speak no more about it until there is a plan to reprint it.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 05-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
Really? I couldn't find the new rules with those extra 2 pages. Can somebody give me a link?

Cheers,
Yukimura
Yes, really. And, then, there's this. But, I didn't use the Illuminator to find that link, I just went to the Munchkin card game and clicked on the link in this line:

To download the most up-to-date rules for all Munchkin games, go to our Rules page!
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 05-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.