Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #511
Clipper

Default Re: Member House Rules

Are the same people playing each day? You could easily store the cards for each player and the discard piles between your sessions so that you play one game over as many days as it needs to complete.

Otherwise, I'd either tweak the starting Level or ending Level as you are doing. It won't definitely end the game in any given time frame, though, it will just give you a better chance of reaching a conclusion. Another thing you can do is implement the option rule from the back of the rulebook that allows any helper in the final battle to win as well regardless of Level. This will remove a lot of the issues with everybody beating down the guy who's about to win, likely shortening your games.

Last edited by Clipper; 11-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #512
Waltron

After a few heated discussions, re-readings of the rules, and multiple rollings of the dice, we finally had to throw out the official ruling on Convenient Handles requiring immediate attachment to a big item when played.

thread here: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...handles&page=2

...The final accepted argument came when a set of cabinet handles appeared on the playing table.

-------

We are still discussing a thief's use of convenient handles for munchkiny mischief.
Waltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #513
Clipper

It's also ruled on very recently here (in the general case of how to handle all Item Enhancers)

What's the point of carrying them? The only benefit I can see is to avoid Charity. If you could play them on other people's Items, then there may be a point (given your signature), but you can't. That's what Shrinking Powder from The Need For Steed is for, which I'm fairly sure can be carried as it is a one-shot Item, not really an Item Enhancer and most definitely can be played on others' Items.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #514
Waltron

It seems to be a unique situation for those just using Munchkin 1-3, all of the other item enhancers (Poisoned, ...of Doom!, Blessed) do not have a gold value (thus do not qualify for item status). Convenient Handles has a gold value and is "used once" when you attach it to that big item you want to make small.

Anyway, its just a house rule that we seem to have agreed upon for now. I'm sure if we ever get around to adding Need for Steed, the arguments will resume.
Waltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #515
Clipper

Yeah, the gold value gives you the ability to sell the convenient handles, which you can't do with most other Item Enhancers from Fantasy.

I still can't see why you'd need to be able to play the Convenient Handles to the table, though. It seems to serve no purpose.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #516
UncleBob

It'd let you save it for use later without it counting as one of your five cards?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #517
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
It'd let you save it for use later without it counting as one of your five cards?
Well yes, I mentioned avoiding Charity in my previous post. That really doesn't seem like it's a big enough issue to add a house rule just for that card.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #518
Mister Ed

I'm going to houserule the pins so that you get a +2 bonus for any pin whose colors match the version of Munchkin you are playing.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #519
Gideon Wyatt

Default Munckin game idea

Team munchkin
Pirates vs ninjas

Need munchkin fu and munchkin booty

Pick even teams
Ninjas draw pirate doors and ninja treasures
Pirates draw ninja doors and pirates treasures
Teams must get to level 10 x # of players per team
Epic rules apply
If any player get to level 20 his team automatically wins
GUAL can only be played on yourself
The only way to get opposing team treasure is to trade, help in their combat, or steal it via ability or card.
Cannot help for free unless fairy dust is in both decks.
Winning levels must be from kills and must be unaided by teammates.
Teammates can help in winning fights but no levels can be awarded.

What do you think? Good idea? More was to balance? Anything is great!
Gideon Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #520
Heegu

Default Re: Munckin game idea

What about classes and accents? It wouldn't make any sense that the ninja would draw from the pirate doors and then become pirate classes which can't use any class specific items from fu....
Heegu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice