Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 10-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #31
larsdangly

Default Re: TFT Campaign Ideas

The best thing I ever did for my TFT campaign was to get in the habit of making a 3x5 card for every NPC. Sometimes I would do it in preparation and sometimes on the fly during play, but the end result is a big stack that I can draw on. Perhaps now it should be done digitally, but its a great practice.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #32
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
The best thing I ever did for my TFT campaign was to get in the habit of making a 3x5 card for every NPC. Sometimes I would do it in preparation and sometimes on the fly during play, but the end result is a big stack that I can draw on. Perhaps now it should be done digitally, but its a great practice.
Yep! Same here. By the time I was done, I actually had well over 300 NPCs that I could just shuffle and bring out as many as were required. If the players had already fought one that popped out, I would swap out a weapon or two, and change the name (I guess they call that "re-skinning" nowadays) and voila -- a new opponent (who I would also make a card for). Alas, my card file went the way of all mortal flesh a few years back...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #33
Skarg

I just got so fast at inventing TFT NPCs that it's just the time it takes to write them down. Usually in groups of several on a sheet of paper, though some on 3x5 or 4x6 cards. Some in tables. I still have thousands of them, probably most of them being in the DEAD FILE, along with notes on the damage that killed them.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #34
amenditman

I am in the same situation as the OP. Last time I played or GM'd a roleplaying game was nearly 30 years ago. I still have some of my old campaign world info, but I will need to convert it to TFT (shouldn't be too hard).

I have been itching to play ever since the KS campaign launched. We have been testing the waters with some Melee sessions (ever since we got the pdf's) and I am focused on (re)learning the rules.

I am going to use one of Dyson Logos maps for the player's starting area. His work is far superior to mine. Gives me a chance to get back into the swing of things before I have to create a lot of stuff. The map is a mega-hex 18 miles across which I am plopping down on the frontier of the big, military kingdom where everything is based.
amenditman is offline   Reply With Quote