Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 01-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
frogggee

Default Illuminati Bavarian Fire Drill reprint scheduled?

Just curious if there's any chance BFD will be going back into print any time soon or if it would be easier at this point to pay the inflated prices on eBay/Amazon (or search for someone willing to trade it, though I'd be concerned about it's completeness).

Thanks!
frogggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Illuminati Bavarian Fire Drill reprint scheduled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogggee View Post
Just curious if there's any chance BFD will be going back into print any time soon or if it would be easier at this point to pay the inflated prices on eBay/Amazon (or search for someone willing to trade it, though I'd be concerned about it's completeness).

Thanks!
There is not a reprint planned at this time.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
gordsellar

Would you ever consider making the Illuminati Deluxe cards and expansions available as PoD, through DriveThruCards? I would love to get them all, having just discovered the game (through an older edition that was given to me) and fallen in love with it... but people are charging insane prices for them, as the original poster mentioned.

Presumably some (minor?) amount of formatting would be necessary, but I'm guessing people like myself and the OP would be willing to pay the original prices for the slightly less-durable PoD cards, to avoid paying the hyperinflated ones asked by people re-selling the games.

(And of course the game and expansions would be making money for you instead of being dead content.)
gordsellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Far from being "dead content," Illuminati is still in print and selling quite well. It's true that the expansions are currently out of print, but some game stores probably still have copies; just because we don't have it doesn't mean it's not out there.

You're correct that there are some predatory sellers out there. There are other, more reputable sellers of out-of-print games, and some digging online could well find you some copies at very reasonable prices.

More generally, if a game isn't doing well, we prefer to let it go out of print for a while to see if demand builds to bring it back ourselves. I think that it's unlikely that we would put any of our games on DTC. Not impossible, of course, but right now I don't expect it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
gordsellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Far from being "dead content," Illuminati is still in print and selling quite well.
I apologize, and I didn't mean any offense. I meant the expansions, and was sloppy in my writing. I guess I'll see if I can find them at a sane price, or wait and see if a reprint ever happens.

Thanks for the response, and sorry to be slow in replying: I didn't see it till now.
gordsellar is offline   Reply With Quote