Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #31
Anders

Default Re: Need to cast a lot of spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
For threshold Magic to equal that with the default Thresh of 30 you need a Rec of 864,000. With the suggested default of 8 that's over a million CP.
FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #32
mehrkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Luck doesn't work on magic.

No. ER can only be sped up by Regeneration, not Reduced Time.
Where is that I didn't see anything in either description. Also what would the cost be as ER already recovers 1/10 minutes. How do you compute base regeneration speed for something that naturally recovers faster.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #33
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
Where is that I didn't see anything in either description. Also what would the cost be as ER already recovers 1/10 minutes. How do you compute base regeneration speed for something that naturally recovers faster.
ER recovers at 1/10 minutes, increased for each multiple of 10. Chat with your GM to decide if an ER of 20 is 1/5 minutes or 2 every 10. ER Only being a 0% enhancement on Regeneration is RAW, while there is zero mention of Reduced Time being allowed on FP or ER.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #34
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
For +150%, costing a total of 325 points, that doesn't seem overly generous to me.
In defense of my view, 325 points is a still significantly cheaper than Anders' build...

:)
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #35
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
All "result" tables - Hit Location, Critical Success, Critical Failure, etc. Luck is no good for them.
Out of curiosity, do you have a page reference for that? I'd never heard that. I've never used Luck on them, but I've never seen a reason why it would be a problem to use them that way
Old 05-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #36
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Out of curiosity, do you have a page reference for that? I'd never heard that. I've never used Luck on them, but I've never seen a reason why it would be a problem to use them that way
It's in Thaumatology:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaumatology page 30
The various Luck advantages can normally only affect success, damage, and reaction rolls. They can’t influence rolls on “effects tables” such as the Firearm Malfunction Table (p. B407), the Gadget Bugs Table (p. B476), or any critical success or failure table. These rolls represent effects that vary with the situation or that are determined by the GM’s whim, rather than being truly random.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #37
corwyn

Quote:
It's also in the basic set:

"Your luck only applies to your own success, damage, or reaction rolls, or on outside events...or are being attacked [reroll attacker's attack roll]"

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #38
Anthony

Given the typical size and contents of a JRPG spellcaster's spellbook, just using Powers and ignoring Magic completely seems viable.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:05 AM   #39
Anders

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
It's in Thaumatology:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
It's also in the basic set:

"Your luck only applies to your own success, damage, or reaction rolls, or on outside events...or are being attacked [reroll attacker's attack roll]"
And I think there's a Word of Kromm floating around somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #40
Jerander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Mana Enhancer to turn even a Low Mana area into Very High is 150 points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
It can't even be done by RAW. There's a 2 level limit on Mana Enhancer. You could (at best) turn Low into High but not Very High.
Yes you can. Use a +50% Cosmic enhancement.
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic