Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #21
GodBeastX

Default Re: Confusion about magic

You can also throw tons of modifiers on the Shapeshift to get the cost down. That's how Psi Powers book keeps things affordable.

Like making the shape shift take longer, cost fatigue, require a roll, etc. Then you throw a power modifier on it like magic so mages can dispel it or you can't shapeshift in no mana zones, etc.

You could probably get Shapeshifting down to like 10 points for many racial templates =)
GodBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #22
KILLTHIS

Default Re: Confusion about magic

Yeah, Point-wise we're rather low. But Since we decided to play noobies anyways, I thought it'd be great to start low and slowly raise the bar. Which also leaves a lot of potential for character development.

@T.K.: Yeah, I was looking for something like that. The character starts young and therefore rather weak. I changed the lore on it a bit so it goes more canonically with it. Now they've to practice in order to get mightier in this form.

@GodBeastX: These are some very good ideas. I'll see how I can incorporate them.

Thank you all for your help. Really eased me with my preparations for my first game. :)
KILLTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic