Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-28-2021, 05:02 AM   #1
awesomenessofme1

Default Looking for opinion on modifier values for Terror

Two ideas I have for modifiers for Terror that I'm looking for feedback on:

1) A combination of the Active and Presence modifiers from Powers. As in, you target one person within range with a Quick Contest, but they don't need to be able to see or hear you. I think this has slightly less utility than the sum of its parts, so I would peg it at +20% rather than (+0%+25%)=+25%. My reasoning is that Presence normally lets you affect targets you can't see, since it's purely radius-based. The example given in the text is being able to frighten passersby while locked in a coffin. With this combination, on the other hand, you would still need to see your target, even if they don't need to see you. (Follow-up: What would be a good name for this combined enhancement?)

2) Much simpler question: How much would "Only vs sapient creatures" be worth as an Accessibility limitation? Assume it's a modern, TL8 world similar to real-life Earth.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:04 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: Looking for opinion on modifier values for Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
1) A combination of the Active and Presence modifiers from Powers. As in, you target one person within range with a Quick Contest, but they don't need to be able to see or hear you. I think this has slightly less utility than the sum of its parts, so I would peg it at +20% rather than (+0%+25%)=+25%.
That looks sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
2) Much simpler question: How much would "Only vs sapient creatures" be worth as an Accessibility limitation? Assume it's a modern, TL8 world similar to real-life Earth.
-10% to -20%. I'd be inclined to go with -10%.