Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Enigmatic

Default Munchin Booty - Ship Enhancers question

Simple question please. Can you use more than one ship enhancer on a ship at one time? If so, the "triple the value of your ship with enhancers" card is too powerful. Please let me know. Thank you.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchin Booty - Ship Enhancers question

Yup, you can use more than one Enhancer. Nope, Broadside is not too powerful. Very little in Munchkin is too powerful, ask anyone. At any rate, Broadside is a one-shot card, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
leitner

Question about fireship bonus and the broadside card. Fireship may be sacrificed to become a +8 bonus. If sacrificed does it still count as a ship to use broadside to give x3 bonus to 1 ship/enchancers.
leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
six's monkey

Probably, but if so, the owner had better be sure it is worth the loss, as enhancers attached to the fireship will be lost as well.
six's monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
vandyfry

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitner View Post
Question about fireship bonus and the broadside card. Fireship may be sacrificed to become a +8 bonus. If sacrificed does it still count as a ship to use broadside to give x3 bonus to 1 ship/enchancers.
Thinking anout this happening in real life just blew my mind! It's the ultimate suicide bomber!
vandyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Clipper

I'm not sure it does work. You sacrifice the Ship and Enhancers to get +8. You aren't getting the ship's bonus and enhancers' bonus on top of the +8. Arguably, it's those bonuses which are tripled by Broadside, not the +8.

Although it is a grey enough area that I wouldn't argue if Erik or Andrew are more lenient and allow you to get the +24 for sacrificing the Fireship via Broadside.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
leitner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
I'm not sure it does work. You sacrifice the Ship and Enhancers to get +8. You aren't getting the ship's bonus and enhancers' bonus on top of the +8. Arguably, it's those bonuses which are tripled by Broadside, not the +8.

Although it is a grey enough area that I wouldn't argue if Erik or Andrew are more lenient and allow you to get the +24 for sacrificing the Fireship via Broadside.
Anyway to get an official ruling? I personally wouldn't think you get +24 but it is a grey area.
leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitner View Post
You can't discard something for some ability and then expect it to still count for what it once was. So, no, you can't use Broadside on the Fireship one you have discarded it for the extra bonus.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchin booty, ship, ship enhancers