Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #31
Refplace

Default Re: Pyramid #3/100: Pyramid Secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhd View Post
Does this include Weirdness Magnet?
Not written up, though it would be easy enough using the rules here.
It would be either a mix of IP and VP or VP with optional debt.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #32
weby

In the impulse control article there is a "Rerolls only" aspect. What is that supposed to do?

Edit: On second reading on the article I noticed that there is "Lucky Break" option. So it is a apparently a bug when the Luck was written as "As for Daredevil, but with Aspected, Rerolls only (-20%)." Instead of "As for Daredevil, but with Aspected, Lucky Breaks only (-20%)" as is should be or that the luck stays as it is and the "Lucky breaks" should have been named "Rerolls". Or maybe is is just deliberate confusion.

Last edited by weby; 02-18-2017 at 01:47 PM.
weby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #33
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Impulse Points are one of those things I'd take with me in a GURPS-Only time machine to get it into the Basic Set.
Well, it's in there as Player Guidance in Campaigns.

Quote:
I am enamored of combining Aspected or Doubly Aspected Impulse Points and Styles (both combat and other).
Hmmm. Now that's a cool idea.

Quote:
How would I make VP that only apply if you violate a pact, code of honor, or other condition? Mitigator is the first thing that jumps to mind, but there might be something more elegant.
Why not Pact? This seems custom built? Of course, you'd likely have to rejigger the prices a bit so it'd end up being more. Hmmm. blog maybe.

Quote:
Would a valid variant of the Ham Clause (Action 1 p20) be giving the GM 1 VP per -5 points of disadvantage and considering the disadvantage appropriately discharged?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhd View Post
Does this include Weirdness Magnet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Not written up, though it would be easy enough using the rules here.
It would be either a mix of IP and VP or VP with optional debt.
I didn't add Weirdness Magnet for a couple of reasons, the main one being lots of people treat Weirdness Magnet as "Odd stuff happens to me" instead of it providing genuine problems. Building it would like be VP + "Aspected, Player Guidance only" so that you could cause issues with the VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
In the impulse control article there is a "Rerolls only" aspect. What is that supposed to do?
Edit: On second reading on the article I noticed that there is "Lucky Break" option. So it is a apparently a bug when the Luck was written as "As for Daredevil, but with Aspected, Rerolls only (-20%)." Instead of "As for Daredevil, but with Aspected, Lucky Breaks only (-20%)" as is should be or that the luck stays as it is and the "Lucky breaks" should have been named "Rerolls". Or maybe is is just deliberate confusion.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it should have just said "Lucky Breaks" - that was a bit of lgeacy garbage that somehow got through. The price of multiple iterations of a system I'm afraid.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #34
BrunCarneiro

A Question on "Fashion Forward": How compatible is it with the 'Armor Rules' from Pyramids 3-52/3-85/3-96? For instance, a Vest on Fashion Forward is stated to weight 0.5 and cost $32, when a TL 9 basic nanoweave vest with DR 0 weights 0.03, and costs $29. (Though my math is probably wrong). At the same time, as Celti has said, High Tech says that clothes get lighter with high TL.
BrunCarneiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #35
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunCarneiro View Post
A Question on "Fashion Forward": How compatible is it with the 'Armor Rules' from Pyramids 3-52/3-85/3-96? For instance, a Vest on Fashion Forward is stated to weight 0.5 and cost $32, when a TL 9 basic nanoweave vest with DR 0 weights 0.03, and costs $29. (Though my math is probably wrong). At the same time, as Celti has said, High Tech says that clothes get lighter with high TL.
Compatible but missing a litle.
It has a breakdown of clotihn by pice with weights so use tthat for the armor article and your good. Does not address if the armor cost counts toward fashion but I would say no and it kind ofg hints at that I think.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #36
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
A God of Commerce is one of the primary deities in my D&D 5e campaign; one of the defining features of their cult is the ability to create and enforce contracts via divine magic.
That seemed like a defining feature to us as well, which is why Oath is the only required spell for Commerce clerics.

Quote:
My players have damned their soul-bound contract's open-ended clauses rather a few times as what at first seemed like a simple mission wound up requiring quite a bit more.
Heh, that's what happens when you don't pay attention to the wording . . .

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #37
dataweaver

I bought this issue for the Impulse Points article, and wasn't disappointed. Sure, I've got my nitpicks (Villain Points strikes me as a poor naming choice when contrasting with Impulse Points, and I'd go with Trouble Points as the default name instead; but that's why you've got a box for alternate names); but they're only nitpicks.

Here's an interesting one: IPs as an alternate wealth system. Your IP Advantage corresponds to how much money you're likely to have on hand; the points can be converted to carry our equipment in play; the recovery rate represents your income and is tied to downtime; and points are earned in game by completing tasks that have monetary rewards.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #38
Fred Brackin

I thought I'd just post a small thank you for the Eidetic Memory by David and the and then the Infinite Guns by Hans.

I've looked through the UT vignettes several times trying to glean everything I could about he universe they imply but I never would have picked the TL as 12^. I could justify 11^ easily but no technologies not appearing at 11^ or earlier are present in the vignettes. The information that TL12^ is at least somewhat common has many implications and will no doubt provoke much thought on my part in the future.

Hans was very solid as always and I will no doubt by re-reading his article several times in the future as well.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:02 AM   #39
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I've looked through the UT vignettes several times trying to glean everything I could about he universe they imply but I never would have picked the TL as 12^. I could justify 11^ easily but no technologies not appearing at 11^ or earlier are present in the vignettes. The information that TL12^ is at least somewhat common has many implications and will no doubt provoke much thought on my part in the future.
Also on GOD, previously they were said to be 11^ (pyramid 3/75)
Old 01-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #40
GWJ

I think I found a mistake in Realistic Injury.
p.32, Lasting Partial Injuries:
Quote:
Success means the effects remain until the lost HP are
healed. Failure means the injury is lasting (1d months); failure
by 3+ means the effects continue for 1d months.
"Ordinary failure" should be 1k6 weeks, or something? Or failure by 3+ gives ADDITIONAL 1d months?
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
partial injury expanded, pyramid 3/100