Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
Cavetroll69

Default Anything on set 4?

I haven't seen anything in awhile, but I was thinking that October '22 was the release date...
Cavetroll69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Anything on set 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavetroll69 View Post
I haven't seen anything in awhile, but I was thinking that October '22 was the release date...
It is hugely, insanely, ridiculously expensive to produce. This will be a crowdfunding campaign because the costs over the last few years have skyrocketed far beyond what we saw for the earlier sets.

We are not yet ready for a crowdfunding launch.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 PM   #3
jfleisher

I have patience… been waiting for these since… I can’t remember…

Just looking forward to having the Combine plastics to go with my PanEuropeans.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:57 PM   #4
redcoat

I hesitated to propose this, because SJGames likely regards them as a competitor, but Wargames Atlantic has an outsourcing service that could possibly be hired to produce these miniatures rather than doing it in China. They do everything in house in the United States - which I don't think has been the case for plastic miniatures for a very long time.

I don't live in the States but I would love to see these produced in the USA and would pay a premium for that.
redcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:00 PM   #5
Cavetroll69

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
I hesitated to propose this, because SJGames likely regards them as a competitor, but Wargames Atlantic has an outsourcing service that could possibly be hired to produce these miniatures rather than doing it in China. They do everything in house in the United States - which I don't think has been the case for plastic miniatures for a very long time.

I don't live in the States but I would love to see these produced in the USA and would pay a premium for that.
Yep. Seconded.
Cavetroll69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:51 PM   #6
Failure16

I third the motion.

Of course, a cynic might say that this is what Kickstarters (or the other options) are truly for: to get a price together for a project and let it sink or swim on its own merits.
Failure16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:47 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post

This is an unrealistic option. I'm not sure if anyone understands how much time and money is invested in one of these projects, before even going to a crowdfunding platform, and how complicated some of these projects can be to manage. We're a very small team, doing our best, and there's more work than time in any day.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:55 PM   #8
Failure16

Well, to be sure, behind the veil there is the rest of the iceberg of infrastructural and overhead concerns. But, once those are handled, it's nice to know there are options available, not so?

But I sincerely doubt there are any posters here that do not completely appreciate what you and your folks are doing every day.
Failure16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:12 PM   #9
redcoat

Phil,

I didn't want to pressure your team or imply that your taking too long to move this project along. I hope I can speak for others besides myself, you are supported and you are welcome to take the time your team needs to get things done well.

I only wanted to propose that there are ways this manufacturing could be brought home to this continent. Do what you think is best for your team and your customers, but I suspect that the option to produce figures in the USA is viable and appealing to many. And again, I wanted to reply because I sensed my idea had been taken as a complaint. Not so!
redcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:38 PM   #10
Dragon84

I think we deserve some kind of update or time frame for a kick starter. Years have passed and not having the Combine forces is like playing chess with only white chess pieces. I will not repurpose Pan Europeans and paint them in a different color. I am on the verge of buying proxy miniatures for my Combine forces or even paying Ebay prices. If I do so I will not support a kick starter when it goes live.

I have even considered just abandoning this project entirely and Ebaying what I have. It might be time to move on...
Dragon84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
set 4