Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-13-2023, 11:37 AM   #1001
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You know more of Japanese emperors than I... this stuff is not easy if you don't know where to look.
Well they say knowledge is for sharing after all.

Quote:
That said, Silestro isn't japanese, and he wasn't selected for his knowledge of Japan. He's here because he has a very useful skillset for defending a submarine against teleporting demons. This is a fairly divergent japan.
Fair enough. Makes me wonder how Corco translation would cover the reference though.

Quote:
"Please do keep your eyes open. And I've heard you need to be thorough on these things, but that's something else. A bucket."
"Yeah, it was a real mess. Well, hopefully was."

Quote:
"That could happen... but it could happen anywhere, and they're very good at surrounding people"

"It is, if we want to signal where we are to the demon leadership and then hope Corco has someone to move us. I personally can't do it."
"I guess it's some comfort that the demons don't know where the submarine is, and getting in the submarine isn't going to be easy either."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:08 AM   #1002
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Appologies for my tardieness. I wanted to scout for other possible stowaways."
"And did you find anything? That's good. That stowaway has been grating on my nerves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I guess it's some comfort that the demons don't know where the submarine is, and getting in the submarine isn't going to be easy either."
"If they find the submarine, they'll be able to get in: Gate callers can open portals just about where-ever they want. If that happens, we'll need you two killing demons. They have to find us first though, and they've got to do it in a week. What are your sleep requirements? we should set up a watch schedule"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #1003
TGLS

Quote:
"If they find the submarine, they'll be able to get in: Gate callers can open portals just about where-ever they want."
"Even in a moving target? Will it close or will we be fighting, fighting, fighting until the week's up if one opens?"

Quote:
"What are your sleep requirements? we should set up a watch schedule"
"Eight hours. Less in a pinch."
Old 01-18-2023, 07:06 AM   #1004
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"And did you find anything? That's good. That stowaway has been grating on my nerves"
"I sense nothing else demonic, currently. I am staying alert for any change. I am unsure if I can pass your barrier... My nature is magical, but not demonic."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:39 AM   #1005
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Even in a moving target? Will it close or will we be fighting, fighting, fighting until the week's up if one opens?"
"I can close them. I can also block all portals to the ship for an hour or so. So if we can clear the ship and run, we should be able to shake them."

Quote:
"Eight hours. Less in a pinch."
"This is a pinch... but for now we may want people rested. I sleep seven hours a night. And your friend?"

Quote:
"I sense nothing else demonic, currently. I am staying alert for any change. I am unsure if I can pass your barrier... My nature is magical, but not demonic."
"The barrier is for magical creatures, not demonic. The Telruthians have forces other than their own demons. You can test the barrier though..."

V encounters resistance from the barrier while still a full two feet away from its visible surface. This hardens to impassable a good six inches away.

"So what exactly are you?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-18-2023, 07:09 PM   #1006
TGLS

Quote:
"I can close them. I can also block all portals to the ship for an hour or so. So if we can clear the ship and run, we should be able to shake them."
"Hm... So clear them out in an hour while running? Should be doable. How many can come through before you close the portal?"

Quote:
"This is a pinch... but for now we may want people rested. I sleep seven hours a night. And your friend?"
I consider how I fell asleep at HQ recently. "I can give you five if you need it. But if not, best to take it easy."

Quote:
I take this one's directed towards V not Halcyone.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:43 AM   #1007
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Hm... So clear them out in an hour while running? Should be doable. How many can come through before you close the portal?"
"That all depends on how soon I figure out there is a portal, and how many they got close. If they can sneak people in for an hour, potentially hundreds... but if we find it immediately, maybe only a dozen.

Quote:
I consider how I fell asleep at HQ recently. "I can give you five if you need it. But if not, best to take it easy."
"We'll keep you at eight. We can have two of us awake at a time."

Quote:

Quote:
I take this one's directed towards V not Halcyone.
correct.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:50 AM   #1008
the_matrix_walker

"I am a Dragon of the Eastern Mountains of my homeland... I would show you my true form, but the space here would preclude it. I will defend our charge from outside the barrier, it is of little consequense."
Old 01-19-2023, 08:07 PM   #1009
TGLS

Quote:
"I am a Dragon of the Eastern Mountains of my homeland... I would show you my true form, but the space here would preclude it. I will defend our charge from outside the barrier, it is of little consequense."
"But how long can you stay awake? Maybe you could shape shift into something sleepless."
Old 01-24-2023, 12:27 PM   #1010
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"But how long can you stay awake? Maybe you could shape shift into something sleepless."
- That is on the original Genesis template cribbed from the earthbound angel as a matter of fact!

"I can stay awake indefinately... I can stay on partol of the ship to sense any approaching demons, or stand guard outside of the barrier..."