Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #981
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch looks thoughtful "I can not speak for the others to either say yay or nay for them. But allow me to ask a few questions. What do you get out of this? Yes, some bragging rights that you have some angels who owe you a geas, but that seems a bit small for one of your status."

He continues "Also, you come in here prepared for a small war, wishing as I understand it, to seize both the tether and the jars and their contents. You will let all that go in return for a a geas on all of us? How large will this geas be by the way?"
"Oh dear," she says, peeking out the front window through the curtains. "They're starting to Sing.

"The geas will be exactly as I just stated. Advertise, to five parties over two weeks, minimum, or suffer the consequences of a broken promise. The jars are interesting but far less interesting after they've been picked over--so I'll take them now or never. The tether I haven't given up--I'm just willing to give it back. Undamaged. Slightly picked over."
Old 02-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #982
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The sword, the only light source in the Song's effects, becomes heavy as the demon crumbles to the ground, finally succumbing to his wound. The sword's tip scratches his companion on its way down, and the other demon retreats into the darkness. He calls out, tenatively, from the relative safety of being unseen. "I surrender? Please?"
Sunae is about to attack, but he surrendered. Any aggression at this point would be a stain of dishonor, whether or not he was sincere. She sighs in irritation.

"Is he sincere?"

The question was clearly for Mitch but she is loathe to say anyone's name. Exposing the Choir...she does not see the harm in that
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #983
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae is about to attack, but he surrendered. Any aggression at this point would be a stain of dishonor, whether or not he was sincere. She sighs in irritation.

"Is he sincere?"

The question was clearly for Mitch but she is loathe to say anyone's name. Exposing the Choir...she does not see the harm in that
The darkness lifts to reveal that Mitch, Zahirah, and Ruby have all gone, leaving Sunae and Ryuki and a wasp-stung demon who's crouching with his hands up. Ryuki raises his hand in a claw as if building up to a banish, and the demon blubbers in fear. "I'd say he's sincere."

Ryuki calls out to the kitchen. "Hey Glen? Other dude? Can you reach into my bag and toss me the duct tape?"

((OOC compiling stats, should be done and ready for combattiness in about two hours.))
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #984
Dalillama

Quote:
The darkness lifts to reveal that Mitch, Zahirah, and Ruby have all gone, leaving Sunae and Ryuki and a wasp-stung demon who's crouching with his hands up. Ryuki raises his hand in a claw as if building up to a banish, and the demon blubbers in fear. "I'd say he's sincere."

Ryuki calls out to the kitchen. "Hey Glen? Other dude? Can you reach into my bag and toss me the duct tape?"

((OOC compiling stats, should be done and ready for combattiness in about two hours.))
Glen pokes his head cautiously around the kitchen partition. When he sees the changed situation, he grabs Ryuki's bag and heads over, digging through it for the duct tape. "Are you going to keep this one, Ryuki? If I had two, I wouldn't have to worry so much about destructive testing."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #985
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen pokes his head cautiously around the kitchen partition. When he sees the changed situation, he grabs Ryuki's bag and heads over, digging through it for the duct tape. "Are you going to keep this one, Ryuki? If I had two, I wouldn't have to worry so much about destructive testing."
He shrugs--he hadn't thought about that angle.

Two demons come smashing through the front door, planning to storm the room. No such luck--the ward holds them fast. Ryuki grins at Glen--good news was welcome right now. "You two open your mouths for even a second and I'll send you back to Hell."

This silences them at least for the moment, but allows you three to hear that others outside are Singing.

((pg 84 on stats))
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #986
ladyarcana55

Quote:
This silences them at least for the moment, but allows you three to hear that others outside are Singing.

((pg 84 on stats))
"I'm going to go help"

She does a very quick and impressive twirl with her sword, even made more impressive by the blue and red flames. She moves towards the door as she Sings Ethereal Shields
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #987
Puck

Quote:
"Oh dear," she says, peeking out the front window through the curtains. "They're starting to Sing.

"The geas will be exactly as I just stated. Advertise, to five parties over two weeks, minimum, or suffer the consequences of a broken promise. The jars are interesting but far less interesting after they've been picked over--so I'll take them now or never. The tether I haven't given up--I'm just willing to give it back. Undamaged. Slightly picked over."
Mitch is shaking his head even before she's finished "I'm afraid I can not let you have the tether. On top of everything else, think of the damage it would do to the Senchshal. It is simply out of the question."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #988
tHEhERETIC

Four singers, five if you counted Sunae's self-defense, and two of those Songs a personal offense against the Symphony. If The Game didn't know you were here before, he knows now. Ruby cringed. "We don't have a lot of time now", she said, as though it was just a canny sales pitch. Hurry now before the sale ends!

Corat steeled himself for the blow, moving instinctively away from the demons both standing and fallen. It hit him like a pop between the eyes, like he'd had an hourglass in his frontal lobes blown apart by just the wrong high note. He reeled, hit in his very soul, and fingered his bow string for comfort though at that very moment that was all it represented.

((I think I should let RocketMan write Kane's experience here, eh?))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch is shaking his head even before she's finished "I'm afraid I can not let you have the tether. On top of everything else, think of the damage it would do to the Senchshal. It is simply out of the question."
Her voice takes a sinister hardness. "Worse than if I destroy it?" Then she lets the look slip, watching Zahirah, trying to pull a deal out of it all. "The tether is loaned to me, or I destroy it. The price of your avoiding Trauma is a simple advertisement. The Game will do far worse. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here."

((And since the two of you are intrinsically in tune with the art of the deal: The Game. That's what this has all been about--holding off Asmodeus and his goons. She needs to convince him that she has all of you under her thumb, and she's trying to get your cooperation in creating that impression--real, or convincing illusion. If she fails that she's in deep doo-doo, and you'll have had better days too.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-12-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: the art of the deal, scene with Ruby Mitch and Zahirah
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #989
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Fire in the eyes. Fire in the mind. A fire that passes through Kane's very being, sending his fundamental Essence to the sky like so much smoke. Painful enough already.

And then the visions come.

Chains snapping. Demons laughing. Armageddon alive but strangely unwelcome as not just demons but sneering angels charge the lonely defender. A Malakite is made to stand his ground, to fight past the end, but to see all that he would defend rise up against him .... joined by the souls of every being he wasn't in time to save, every mortal that stepped into the wrong place at the wrong time, every witness to every oath he had ever broken, regardless of repentence ... and it's too much. It has to be much.

He screams .... and in the midst of his scream is the name of the one being that might be able to undo all this, the one soul on Earth who might be able to take this discord, this utter chaos, and fuse it back into the unity it was meant to be.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID DDDDDDD!!!!"

(OOC: Driven to complete panic, he's calling for Dad -- or at least the Superior he's IST. Base chance: 3, but +3 for being in the presence of enemy celestials and +2 for being at risk of vessel-death, for a total chance of 8. It's possible he might get the +3 for being at a divine Tether as well; it's not that far away ....)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #990
ladyarcana55

Sunae hears his scream and she runs out at full speed.

She will focus on getting to Kane and Corat. If anyone is in her way, she will try to move past them, striking them as she moves past.

Tags
in nomine