Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #961
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
"what kind of something do you need?"
The question clearly frustrates her. "I don't know what you have, other than that tether. And there's geasa, but you understand that part, I hope. To have a geas on each of you here tonight, even if it's just a geas that says you'll tell people you owe me. That and the tether...I could sell it back to you later, intact, as long as we told absolutely no one else that that was part of the deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Shrug. "Should see the other guy," he says with a literal half-smile.

"Got a three-part question for you ... and I'm hopin' the answer to all three's yes," he says quickly. "First, do you know CorpShields? Second, can you get back inside the ice cream truck and shield it? And third ... (grin) ... if I can get all the baddies who are tryin' to kill us into that garage with me, can you turn the key when I say go?"

A brief moment for thought. "Oh, yeah. And if you can spare it, one bit of Essence. Just enough for me to go celestial and get the demon-boys' attention without gettin' more of the humans in the middle."
Corat sets his hand on Kane's unburnt shoulder and passes over three Essence. "And the answer to the question is an unfortunate no...something I've got to fix now that a hasty exit is a bit more expensive than it used to be. What I can do is Howl, leave 'em shaking in their boots for a second, long enough to make them easier to pick off. Shall I?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
It bit into the first demon with blade and fire, but even with the wounds the wasps had inflicted the demon was not dead. At the last minute he'd seen the sword coming and, stumbling and running, collided with the other wasp-stung fool.

Then the lights went out.
The sword, the only light source in the Song's effects, becomes heavy as the demon crumbles to the ground, finally succumbing to his wound. The sword's tip scratches his companion on its way down, and the other demon retreats into the darkness. He calls out, tenatively, from the relative safety of being unseen. "I surrender? Please?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch looks worried as Zahirah leaves, but does not make a move to follow her for now. He turns to Ryuki and says softly "Is there anything I should be doing? I'm not much of a combatant I'm afraid."
There's the faint click of a phone closing, then a murmur, a Disturbance, and the flick of a lighter. Neither gives any results. "That depends Mitch. How well can you function blind? Dammit Glen would know this spell...sulfur maybe? Got any matches? Mine are in my bag."

Mitchim can just see Sunae's sword.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #962
alexondria

Zahirah speaking soflty, "We have a Seraph and as I'm sure you know it would damage him to make either of those deals, I could speak with the others about making the claim that we owe you in return for a ceasing of hostilities. I would still like it if you took the time to visit me and compare experiences though."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #963
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen edges his way to the entrance of the kitchen, removes the camera pin from his lapel, and holds it around the doorwy, giving Nisroc a screen fuull of endarkened kitchen.
"Good," he says into Glen's earpiece. "I've seen bigger demons. Now come back, I have something else for you to play with." If Glen comes back, Nisroc will hand him what looks like a pen. "That's a shotgun microphone. Point it into the black hole and sweep it left to right. And as I said before, don't get caught."

Quote:
Zahirah speaking soflty, "We have a Seraph and as I'm sure you know it would damage him to make either of those deals, I could speak with the others about making the claim that we owe you in return for a ceasing of hostilities. I would still like it if you took the time to visit me and compare experiences though."
"Ugh, that's right. There are no secrets with archangels, and seraphim 'can't lie'." You can hear the quotation marks. "But the geas isn't lying. He would owe me the obligation to advertise the obligation. No lie involved.

"And for the tether sale, don't tell him. At the very least don't let it get back to Hell, though the surest way on that is to tell as few as possible.

"And I'd love to sit down and chat dear. I can even promise you security on your to and from..." she winks. For a price. Always.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-08-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: one more thing
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #964
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

Corat sets his hand on Kane's unburnt shoulder and passes over three Essence. "And the answer to the question is an unfortunate no...something I've got to fix now that a hasty exit is a bit more expensive than it used to be. What I can do is Howl, leave 'em shaking in their boots for a second, long enough to make them easier to pick off. Shall I?"
Kane nods. "When I'm ready. And if you can holler at your boss or the Sentinel, now's a good time. I'm not lettin' that Tether fall into enemy hands, but if someone can protect it for ours, that's a bonus."

He reaches for the fence, rips a long piece of wood free (curiously sword-like) and then saturates the far end of it with the furniture polish. Then he readies a match.

"Now," he tells Corat. He lights the end of the stake and prepares to charge into a (hopefully) stunned mass of demons with abandon. Once they show signs of recovering, he'll seemingly race away and lure them into Corat's line of fire.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #965
alexondria

Zahirah would shake her head, "I can ask, but I do not think that they would go for you taking the tether even for a short time. You could just let it slip out that Kingman betrayed you and as a result you removed your protection for him allowing the one thing he feared the most to come for him. Claim that he didn't have anything worth your time in the jars so you left them for the angels."
Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #966
Dalillama

Quote:
"Good," he says into Glen's earpiece. "I've seen bigger demons. Now come back, I have something else for you to play with." If Glen comes back, Nisroc will hand him what looks like a pen. "That's a shotgun microphone. Point it into the black hole and sweep it left to right. And as I said before, don't get caught."
Glen returns, taking the mic with ill grace. "And you'll be doing what as I risk my neck again?" he inquires with a araised eyebrow.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #967
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Zahirah would shake her head, "I can ask, but I do not think that they would go for you taking the tether even for a short time. You could just let it slip out that Kingman betrayed you and as a result you removed your protection for him allowing the one thing he feared the most to come for him. Claim that he didn't have anything worth your time in the jars so you left them for the angels."
"Kingman lost my protection and I left his things for Puppydog, and how was I to know he could bring more than one angel to bear? But ask for that tether, just for a short time, just for show. It's the least you folks can do for my not pursuing the jars."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen returns, taking the mic with ill grace. "And you'll be doing what as I risk my neck again?" he inquires with a a raised eyebrow.
"I'll be covering your nice, convenient, not-have-to-fight-your-way-out exit. And coordinating the battle in three different languages, which I can't do without information." He pushes Glen ever so lightly in the direction of the kitchen. He can be as neutral as an Elohite when it suits him, but his senses tell him the best approach is sprinkled with a light dusting of condescension. "And I have a couple other tricks for when we're losing and have to retreat."
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #968
alexondria

Zahirah would take out her phone and dial Mitch's number. Assuming he answers, "Could you please join us in the bedroom?" Then to Ruby. "He's the one that has to make that decision."
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #969
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Zahirah would take out her phone and dial Mitch's number. Assuming he answers, "Could you please join us in the bedroom?" Then to Ruby. "He's the one that has to make that decision."
Ryuki follows the sound of the phone to grab Mitch's hand. He pulls on it, judging by its direction where Mitch's ear should be. "They don't want to get killed or banished here because that would send them to Hell, to a boss they've been avoiding and a questioning that's positively medieval. Use that." And he lets Mitch go. "No matches. I guess I'll wait it out. Shouldn't be much longer now."

((Waiting on Sunae's next action to lift the darkness.))

Quote:
Kane nods. "When I'm ready. And if you can holler at your boss or the Sentinel, now's a good time. I'm not lettin' that Tether fall into enemy hands, but if someone can protect it for ours, that's a bonus."
"Holler, check." He fingers the pocketknife in his pocket, out of charges and so functionally no longer a relic. He switches into the only other foreign language he knows anymore. "Semʹ besov v garazhe , tri mertvykh vstoronu gaza, zapolnyayushchego garazh , nadyeyasʹ ubitʹ demonov bez nyeobkhodimosti vzorvatʹ gruzovik."

((Translation, though as far as I know only Nisroc and Ryuki here speak Russian: Seven demons at the garage, three dead at the side, gas filling the garage, hoping to kill the demons without needing to blow up the truck.))

A mockingbird, sitting very close by, chews him out for raising his voice.

Quote:
He reaches for the fence, rips a long piece of wood free (curiously sword-like) and then saturates the far end of it with the furniture polish. Then he readies a match.

"Now," he tells Corat. He lights the end of the stake and prepares to charge into a (hopefully) stunned mass of demons with abandon. Once they show signs of recovering, he'll seemingly race away and lure them into Corat's line of fire.
There is a howl--probably half the block heard it, and everyone Symphonic heard the terrible roar beneath it. It's like a pipe organ three stories tall loading the notes of a bagpipe, thundering the ground beneath with the unmistakable threat of war. Of War.

In the circle of darkness, Ryuki crouches instinctively at the sound. He's never heard that this close up, or with that much venom, but he understands very well the feeling behind it. He tries to drink it in, but doesn't quite know how.

Nisroc merely looks up with a gleam in his eye, listening to it and the Kyrio's relaying of the message that preceded it.

Ruby is alarmed, though she's glad the other Lilim is on the phone and maybe didn't notice. She quickly restores her face to calm, letting her clasped hands express her anxiety.

The seven demons at the garage door look in twelve different directions, their bodies stiff with tension, and five of them gripped with fear. The other two merely wait, paralyzed with anticipation about the next shoe to drop.

That shoe would be a Malakite with a flaming wooden sword, and it bites into the nearest unresisting demon, once, twice. The demon falls. The next demon is well-toasted before they begin to wake and put up a fight. In that time Kane is nearly hit from behind, but for the arrow that pierced his attacker's neck. Two and a half down looks like a good time to retreat, for an ordinary angel.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-09-2012 at 06:04 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #970
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
The seven demons at the garage door look in twelve different directions, their bodies stiff with tension, and five of them gripped with fear. The other two merely wait, paralyzed with anticipation about the next shoe to drop.

That shoe would be a Malakite with a flaming wooden sword, and it bites into the nearest unresisting demon, once, twice. The demon falls. The next demon is well-toasted before they begin to wake and put up a fight. In that time Kane is nearly hit from behind, but for the arrow that pierced his attacker's neck. Two and a half down looks like a good time to retreat, for an ordinary angel.
"Warm welcome, boys ... let me return the favor," Kane says through his half-hideous face, grinning. He spears a third with the flaming sword, nailing him to the turf, then retreats -- just far enough to throw the can of furniture polish at the conflagraton.

Assuming it goes off with a pop that satisfies a Malakite of Creation, he then truly pulls back to draw any survivors into Corat's field of fire. But not without grabbing a flamingo ornament off the lawn, snapping it at the base to create a sharp point. Instant spear.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine