Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #991
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Fire in the eyes. Fire in the mind. A fire that passes through Kane's very being, sending his fundamental Essence to the sky like so much smoke. ...
He screams .... and in the midst of his scream is the name of the one being that might be able to undo all this, the one soul on Earth who might be able to take this discord, this utter chaos, and fuse it back into the unity it was meant to be.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID DDDDDDD!!!!"
Ryuki hears the scream and knows it to be a friend. He rips off a few feet of duct tape and hands them to Glen. "Tape, fast," and points him at the surrendered demon. He pulls off some more than slaps it on the mouth of one of the demons in the ward. "One peep from you and I'll send you back to Hell. In case I haven't said that before." He barely avoids Sunae colliding with him in her haste to get out. "And uh, Glen. If you help me banish the leader, I'll teach you how to banish in ten seconds. Not ten minutes."

He leans over to Ash while he tapes demon hands together, trying to speak quietly enough so Glen won't hear. "I can paralyze the big demon, but if I do you must destroy it. Or I'm ruined. Should I do it?"
Quote:
"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID DDDDDDD!!!!"
"Well," quips one of the demons. "That answers that question." He sees Sunae push past the two demons stuck in the doorway and directs his one lightly toasted minion: "Stop her." He looks down to the demon playing possum, the one who appears to have gotten to the Malakite. "Heal him," he directs another demon, and then to the other two, curiously, "Love him." They think he's mad, hesitate to heap affection on a panicked angel of Stone, but the one directing pays no mind. Instead he leads the whole lot of them towards Kane and Corat, quietly Singing.

Silently Nisroc abandons his post, slipping through to San Francisco on a compelling errand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
If The Game didn't know you were here before, he knows now. Ruby cringed. "We don't have a lot of time now", she said, as though it was just a canny sales pitch. Hurry now before the sale ends!

Her voice takes a sinister hardness. "Worse than if I destroy it?" Then she lets the look slip, watching Zahirah, trying to pull a deal out of it all. "The tether is loaned to me, or I destroy it. The price of your avoiding Trauma is a simple advertisement. The Game will do far worse. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here."
"I can save him," Ruby says simply, leaving out the understood 'for a price.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae hears his scream and she runs out at full speed.

She will focus on getting to Kane and Corat. If anyone is in her way, she will try to move past them, striking them as she moves past.
As he sees her coming, the demon assigned to stop her Sings. He takes the sword's worst with equanimity, latching one hand onto her forearm even as the sword bites through his shoulder. He's holding on with Might, daring her to struggle.

((Yep, Song of Might. He's stronger and drew better cards, but if Sunae's got a dirty trick I'm forgetting you should put it out there.))

Corat backs up and draws an arrow but hesitates to shoot. It would be too easy to misfire and hit Kane from here, especially Laughing Boy who's positioned himself directly behind Kane. And with the whole party low on fuel...ah who was he kidding. Malakite. He'd be back. Corat lets an arrow fly, turning Playing Possum into Roadkill.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #992
Dalillama

Quote:
Ryuki hears the scream and knows it to be a friend. He rips off a few feet of duct tape and hands them to Glen. "Tape, fast," and points him at the surrendered demon. He pulls off some more than slaps it on the mouth of one of the demons in the ward. "One peep from you and I'll send you back to Hell. In case I haven't said that before." He barely avoids Sunae colliding with him in her haste to get out. "And uh, Glen. If you help me banish the leader, I'll teach you how to banish in ten seconds. Not ten minutes."
Glen quickly binds the demon's elbos together behind his back, using any extra tape to attach his arms to his ankles. he replies to Ryuki "That sounds like a deal to me." He then grinds his knee into the demon's back and growls into his ear: "And I'll do it to you too if you give me any trouble either. To keep you honest, I'll have all your Essence out of you now."

(OOC:What do you know? Everybody's bluffing...)
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #993
alexondria

Zahirah would look to Mitch, "If she can't convince the game that she's in control here then she loses everything. That is what she gets out of the geasa, at least as far as I can see." Then to Ruby, "I propose that instead of the Tether than I offer up to fearful demons that we were here at your request because you knew Kingman feared angel's more than demons. We can help you stay in power, but I can assure you that Mitch is not interested in letting you borrow the tether and I can assure you that our friend out there would rather lose his vessel than pay on unspecified favor for it's safety. The question is are you going to keep making unreasonable requests until Asmodeaus gets here? or are you going to give us something that we can work with? You have more to lose than we do right now."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #994
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

"Well," quips one of the demons. "That answers that question." He sees Sunae push past the two demons stuck in the doorway and directs his one lightly toasted minion: "Stop her." He looks down to the demon playing possum, the one who appears to have gotten to the Malakite. "Heal him," he directs another demon, and then to the other two, curiously, "Love him." They think he's mad, hesitate to heap affection on a panicked angel of Stone, but the one directing pays no mind. Instead he leads the whole lot of them towards Kane and Corat, quietly Singing.
As the panic begins to ebb from his mind, Kane realizes three things:

1) The demons have stopped attacking.

2) The demons, or some of them, are in reach.

3) Laughing Boy is an idiot. Anyone who can't recognize the way a Creationer fights...

As a demon draws close, Kane grabs at his (her?) shirt, seemingly in panic. Then, with his full angelic strength, he throws the demon into Laughing Boy, trying for an impact hard enough to knock both of them out or even break necks.

If any others remain close, he then kicks to shatter a kneecap and looks for a fresh weapon.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #995
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would look to Mitch, "If she can't convince the game that she's in control here then she loses everything. That is what she gets out of the geasa, at least as far as I can see." Then to Ruby, "I propose that instead of the Tether than I offer up to fearful demons that we were here at your request because you knew Kingman feared angel's more than demons. We can help you stay in power, but I can assure you that Mitch is not interested in letting you borrow the tether and I can assure you that our friend out there would rather lose his vessel than pay on unspecified favor for it's safety. The question is are you going to keep making unreasonable requests until Asmodeaus gets here? or are you going to give us something that we can work with? You have more to lose than we do right now."
Mitch jerks around at the scream and even takes a few steps towards the door before remembering that the wheeling and dealing isn't over. He listens closely as Zahirah speaks and then nods "The tether is off the table. And you would do well to keep in mind that Asmodeaus may not be the only Superior arriving soon. Do you really want to try and make a deal with Stone?

"I do understand your position in regards to the Game and I may be willing to take your geas, but like I said I can not speak for the others."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #996
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen ... He then grinds his knee into the demon's back and growls into his ear: "And I'll do it to you too if you give me any trouble either. To keep you honest, I'll have all your Essence out of you now."

(OOC:What do you know? Everybody's bluffing...)
The demon's eyes protest, but he kicks six Essence to Glen all the same. Ryuki's impressed and lets you see it on his face--nice dealmaking there. He straddles the demon he'd just taped. "(Two Essence), now." He doubted his caution in not needing more than that would impress, but that wasn't the point.

As he looked down at the demon, he noticed the reminder he'd henna'd on his own hand. The offer he'd made to Ash might have been premature, but he was too proud to take it back. If he lost the Will War, he'd have to trust the angels to bail him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch jerks around at the scream and even takes a few steps towards the door before remembering that the wheeling and dealing isn't over. He listens closely as Zahirah speaks and then nods "The tether is off the table. And you would do well to keep in mind that Asmodeaus may not be the only Superior arriving soon. Do you really want to try and make a deal with Stone?

"I do understand your position in regards to the Game and I may be willing to take your geas, but like I said I can not speak for the others."
"Fair enough," she says coolly. "The tether is off the table. The geas will get you out of here with your vessel intact, or your less sturdy companions with their lives. If anyone wants to bargain for the more stubborn members of your party I'll listen seriously, provided it's done in a way that won't make me look bad to the Game or his people.

"You have my word, if I have yours." She offers a handshake.

(Combat stuff I'll handle after I get home.))
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #997
RadLilim

Quote:
He leans over to Ash while he tapes demon hands together, trying to speak quietly enough so Glen won't hear. "I can paralyze the big demon, but if I do you must destroy it. Or I'm ruined. Should I do it?"
The eyes of the dog vessel go wide and he shakes his head "No" violently. He holds up a paw, letting it flop ineffectivly.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #998
ladyarcana55

Quote:
As he sees her coming, the demon assigned to stop her Sings. He takes the sword's worst with equanimity, latching one hand onto her forearm even as the sword bites through his shoulder. He's holding on with Might, daring her to struggle.
She looks at his hand, holding her sword arm and look back at him with a cool, even stare. She does not struggle, no...she laughs as the sword pivots in her hand, the tip facing down to the ground

"Fool..."

And she passes 2 Essence to the sword just before she lets go, allowing it to drop the the ground. As soon as the tip touches the ground, there is an explosion of flame that engulfs Sunae and her captor, as well as any who are standing too close.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #999
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
As the panic begins to ebb from his mind, Kane realizes three things:

1) The demons have stopped attacking.

2) The demons, or some of them, are in reach.

3) Laughing Boy is an idiot. Anyone who can't recognize the way a Creationer fights...

As a demon draws close, Kane grabs at his (her?) shirt, seemingly in panic. Then, with his full angelic strength, he throws the demon into Laughing Boy, trying for an impact hard enough to knock both of them out or even break necks.

If any others remain close, he then kicks to shatter a kneecap and looks for a fresh weapon.
((You haven't used the flamingo yet. Hold that for about three minutes.))

The demon is taken completely by surprise--freaking out and panicking angels just don't do that. Kane swings the minion around like a discus and hurls him into Laughing Boy. Unfortunately for Kane the arc gives LB a chance to see what's coming, so while he's bumped a little his Song goes off.
The flying minion lands on top of another, sending both to the ground.

And suddenly the idea of violence is unthinkable. Surely the whole situation could have been resolved peacefully and reasonably, can still be resolved that way despite the horrifying bleeding bodies lying on the driveway and lawn.

One other idea could penetrate Kane's warped mind--that was an awfully loud Disturbance (6 pts!). Is he not worried about The Game being upset about that? And Corat, who's putting his bow back over his shoulder, a solid 18 feet away from Laughing Boy.

The demon holding Sunae howls, first in rage and then in protest. He lets her go and takes a couple steps away, stopping to drop and roll. After a short interval he struggles to get up, using his good arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
The eyes of the dog vessel go wide and he shakes his head "No" violently. He holds up a paw, letting it flop ineffectivly.
"Gotcha," he says, only mildly disappointed. "You can't. Okay, I'll watch the fight and distract him from here when it looks like a good idea. I'll just be careful not to let him lock on."

He leans over to the two demons in the ward, careful to stay outside their circle. Even bound and taped they could be dangerous, especially if he'd unwittingly grabbed a Destroyer or a fallen Friend. "Now," he says conspiratorially, "if I need Essence again, you give it to me and your debt with me is paid. If I don't need it, your bad luck."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-16-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: oops. I counted a dead one. And you posted while I was
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #1000
Puck

Quote:

"Fair enough," she says coolly. "The tether is off the table. The geas will get you out of here with your vessel intact, or your less sturdy companions with their lives. If anyone wants to bargain for the more stubborn members of your party I'll listen seriously, provided it's done in a way that won't make me look bad to the Game or his people.

"You have my word, if I have yours." She offers a handshake.

(Combat stuff I'll handle after I get home.))
Mitch nods "Just to clarify, my geas alone will get everyone else out or only if everyone swears a geas?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine