Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 02-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #61
larsdangly

Default Re: Attribute Bloat 'Re-Deux'

I believe fantasy roleplaying games follow the principle of, 'if you build it they will come'. If you think your D+D game works great when everyone is 50'th level, just put out a book where levels go to 50 and I assure you lots of groups will be populated by 50th level characters within a month.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #62
TippetsTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I believe fantasy roleplaying games follow the principle of, 'if you build it they will come'. If you think your D+D game works great when everyone is 50'th level, just put out a book where levels go to 50 and I assure you lots of groups will be populated by 50th level characters within a month.
Ha, true 'dat!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #63
larsdangly

My favorite extreme of this sort is the first Arduin Grimoire, which offers you the chance to play a 100'th level character who fights with machine guns and wears a flack jacket (!). All this 21st century angsting over PC's who are dragonborn or wild shape shifting druids pales in comparison to the crazy ***** people dreamt up in the mid 70's. Of course, there were a lot of hallucinogenics in circulation back then...
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #64
TippetsTX

Quote:
My favorite extreme of this sort is the first Arduin Grimoire, which offers you the chance to play a 100'th level character who fights with machine guns and wears a flack jacket (!). All this 21st century angsting over PC's who are dragonborn or wild shape shifting druids pales in comparison to the crazy ***** people dreamt up in the mid 70's. Of course, there were a lot of hallucinogenics in circulation back then...
I was 10... not a lot of hallucinogens getting passed around my elementary school. ;)
Old 02-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #65
JohnPaulB

Quote:
I had many fantasy trips back in the 70s.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote