Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #111
Mack_JB

Default Re: Battlefields KS

Same for me, I was busy with a move when ODE hit, and wasn't keyed in to KS yet, or even really, the SJG website.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #112
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
An interesting metric would be how many backers for Battlefields or other recent Ogre Kickstarters were NOT backers of ODE. I happen to be one of them...relatively new blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Same for me, I was busy with a move when ODE hit, and wasn't keyed in to KS yet, or even really, the SJG website.
Good to have you both with us. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:36 AM   #113
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
An interesting metric would be how many backers for Battlefields or other recent Ogre Kickstarters were NOT backers of ODE. I happen to be one of them...relatively new blood.
Me too. I was aware of the ODE KS, but did not participate. I got interested during the wait for its release.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:58 AM   #114
sparky00

I was an Ogre player from late 70's through late 80's. Got away from gaming entirely (except for a very rare game of chess) until last year.

In May of 2017, I rediscovered Ogre. Since then I have purchased O6E, Reinforcements, a sealed retail ODE, all the various sponsored counter sheets, dice, metal minis, plastic Set 1 minis (retail) & M1 map.

I've backed Kickstarters for Ogrezine, Ogrezine II, Minis Rulebook 2ED & now Battlefields.

As part of those, Ive gotten M2. M3, M4 & M5, Many Minis box & bullet dice (so far).

I missed the the Set 1 minis KS (drat!) and was budgetarily indisposed for the Minis Set 2 KS. Fortunately the Many Minis box came to the rescue...

Obviously, I was not around for the ODE KS.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #115
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
I was an Ogre player from late 70's through late 80's. Got away from gaming entirely (except for a very rare game of chess) until last year.

In May of 2017, I rediscovered Ogre. Since then I have purchased O6E, Reinforcements, a sealed retail ODE, all the various sponsored counter sheets, dice, metal minis, plastic Set 1 minis (retail) & M1 map.

I've backed Kickstarters for Ogrezine, Ogrezine II, Minis Rulebook 2ED & now Battlefields.

As part of those, Ive gotten M2. M3, M4 & M5, Many Minis box & bullet dice (so far).

I missed the the Set 1 minis KS (drat!) and was budgetarily indisposed for the Minis Set 2 KS. Fortunately the Many Minis box came to the rescue...

Welcome to Ogreholics Anonymous - errr, umm, the Completionist Club. ;)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #116
sparky00

Yeh, I definitely have an Ogre problem..

The current generation of stuff is just so good!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #117
ColBosch

While it'd be nice to have some more players, for those of us who are here, this is the Golden Age for Ogre. The level of support and quality of products over the past five-six years has been absolutely exceptional.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #118
sparky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
While it'd be nice to have some more players, for those of us who are here, this is the Golden Age for Ogre. The level of support and quality of products over the past five-six years has been absolutely exceptional.
Concur!!!!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #119
Dave Crowell

I agree. I never expected to see Ogre in full color, large format, all of it.

I remember the Deluxe Ogre set with the stand-up counters, but ODE/6E blows the lid off that for production values.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #120
wolf90

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Me too. I was aware of the ODE KS, but did not participate. I got interested during the wait for its release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post

<snip>

Thank you, each and every one of you. This absolutely makes my chest swell; it does my soul good knowing that we are reaching some "new" players, even if some are reclamations from the past. Please indoctrinate . . . er . . . introduce your friends; the more interest there is in our wonderful game, the more I can push to support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
This is all on you, the fans. We're just responding to the support you've shown us! Thank you so much!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote