Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
VariousRen

Default [Sorcery] Point value of allies with Sorcery

My campaign is using Sorcery, and one of the players would like to create a spell that summons a horse for them to ride. They've built the horse as an ally, but that ties the speed of the horse (its points are all spent on extra speed, because that's all it's used for) to the casters point value.

I would like to have the point value of the ally based on some constant value so that a faster phantom steed is a larger spell, instead of just requiring a higher point character.

Is there any way to link allies to a constant point value in sorcery?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Leynok

Default Re: [Sorcery] Point value of allies with Sorcery

One thing that I've done in the past is instead of improving the Allies alongside the character, they remain the same as when you purchased them and when they're weak enough to fit under a lower power category, you get some points back.
Say you're a 100 point character with a 150% Ally worth 10 points. Once you reach 150 points it becomes a 100% Ally, giving you 5 points back, then as you reach 200 points your Ally is now a 75% Ally so you get another 2 points refunded and so on.
Leynok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horse, magic, raw, sorcery, spell