Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 03-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #11
Magesmiley

Default Re: Jump Jets and Rolling

Having just reviewed the footage... my memory was a bit skewed.

She actually had made a sharp turn, colliding with a van, got a roll from the crash tables from that and triggered the jump jets before she moved again (I think it was a subsequent phase as she was going pretty slow when she scraped the van). And the jets were sufficiently strong enough to put her up and over the van.

And yes I said footage. Approximately 4 hours covering the final, from walkaround to the trophy being awarded. Working on getting it cleaned up for a suitable sharing.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #12
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
She actually had made a sharp turn, colliding with a van, got a roll from the crash tables from that and triggered the jump jets before she moved again (I think it was a subsequent phase as she was going pretty slow when she scraped the van). And the jets were sufficiently strong enough to put her up and over the van.
OK -- it's a bit ex post facto, but *this* I'd allow (I suspect the player is in deep-enough yogurt when the car lands... :) ).

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #13
kjamma4

Jump jets on the top to make a quicker landing - okay but the landing will be more brutal as you car has gravity and jets acting on it.

Rule of wacky fun vs. reality - CW is not reality so wacky fun. However, I prefer the Gaslands Rule of Carnage over wacky fun.

Wacky Fun gave us Uncle Schmalbert's. :(

P.S.

Either way, the game sounds like it was fun. Looking forward to the video.

P.P.S.

Nice to see females playing CW. The last time I had a female in a CW game was around 2007 - and that was my daughter at GenCon. Some not so appropriate comments made - "are you going to let a female win" - was the reason that was the last time for her. :(

Prior to that, was at a convention in Lake Geneva around 85-86 and it was Margaret Weiss of Dragonlance fame.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:48 AM   #14
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
P.P.S.

Nice to see females playing CW. The last time I had a female in a CW game was around 2007 - and that was my daughter at GenCon. Some not so appropriate comments made - "are you going to let a female win" - was the reason that was the last time for her. :(
An extreme pity those types never ran into my good friend Mistress VoidDancer ... she'd of told them where to go , threatened to 'cut their bits off' with her (fake) Gladius or start to crack her whip in their general direction ...

Plus her have several huge male friends like myself , would soon curb such comments .
Old 03-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #15
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Jump jets on the top to make a quicker landing - okay but the landing will be more brutal as you car has gravity and jets acting on it.

Rule of wacky fun vs. reality - CW is not reality so wacky fun. However, I prefer the Gaslands Rule of Carnage over wacky fun.

Wacky Fun gave us Uncle Schmalbert's. :(
And Uncle Schmal gave my players nuke PP's for the ground support rigs during my microplane racing turbofire variant campaign,
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
And Uncle Schmal gave my players nuke PP's for the ground support rigs during my microplane racing turbofire variant campaign,
Sounds like it got Wacky Fun 50% correct. ;)
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #17
Mallen the dark

Ok. I need help on this. I have not kept up since the car wars card decks came out

Where are the jump jet rules?
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #18
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
Ok. I need help on this. I have not kept up since the car wars card decks came out

Where are the jump jet rules?
http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...alog-from-hell

Would be one of the better sources.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jump jets