Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-01-2019, 08:15 PM   #481
ak_aramis

Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Mrs. Frisby and the Mouseguard of Gamma World.
GURPS B&B car readily be repurposed to Rodentia instead of lagomorphs.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #482
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
GURPS B&B car readily be repurposed to Rodentia instead of lagomorphs.
I'd play in this.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:01 AM   #483
RyanW

How about an alcoholic psychic jumper that is so familiar with the local jail's drunk tank that he can teleport to it while blind stinking drunk? Then teleports himself home once he's sober.

The police are reasonably happy to let him do it, as it keeps him out of trouble and they don't really have any way to stop him.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #484
RyanW

A kingdom cursed to see each ruler die on his or her firstborn's sixteenth birthday. Some think a childless ruler would be immortal, others think it would bring about some ill-defined calamity.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:27 PM   #485
Flyndaran
Untagged

What a scandal when the official first born doesn't die.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #486
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
What a scandal when the official first born doesn't die.
Well, when the firstborn hits 16 and the king doesn't die.

King: My son is sixteen and I yet live. The curse is broken.
Queen: Yeah... Let's go with that.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:53 PM   #487
jason taylor

It is the 1980's and the Evil Empire is at it's crest. The Russians and Afghans are busy slaying each other (not to mention doing less gentlemanly things to each other) with great gusto. And the PCs are covert operatives for Someone that Does Not Like the Russians engaged in facilitating that.

A rogue Warsaw pact general has a load of Strela-2 manportable antiaircraft missiles for sale. As it is the CIA's orders at the time to do nothing so simple as shipping American ordinance, Soviet stuff is preferred because if it is captured the fiction that the local tribes stole it or bought it on the local black market is easier to maintain.

This mission goes in stages. You must negotiate the transfer, and get the stuff from Europe to the Northwest Frontier. This will involve several stages including forged orders to local officials (who may not care where it goes or even prefer that it go that way but who definitely do not want their names involved) as well as a quid pro quo to the defecting general. You also have to watch your own back as not everyone in your own government approves of this. Along the way you can meet colorful, valiant, and brutal Afghan chiefs; sophisticated Bondish gentleman-spies, or "guys that get things done" types, or both; tramp captains, cynical merchants-of-death, and all the stuff that goes into such work. You might even meet an outrageously hedonistic Congressman whose name shall not be mentioned...

Hint: this is based on a real CIA op. The seller was a Polish general, and one of his quid pro quos was a gravestone for his emmigrant grandfather which shows that you might have to think on your feet. This stage is a good time for the GM to come up with something interesting as a sidequest.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #488
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
A rogue Warsaw pact general has a load of Strela-2 manportable antiaircraft missiles for sale. As it is the CIA's orders at the time to do nothing so simple as shipping American ordinance, Soviet stuff is preferred because if it is captured the fiction that the local tribes stole it or bought it on the local black market is easier to maintain.
This reminds me of an idea I had for a criminal game I never ran, set in the 1990s. The crew steal a shipment of smuggled weapons. They crack open the crates and find everything they expected - AKs, RPGs, ammunition, everything that a former Soviet officer suddenly deciding he really liked capitalism might have on hand to sell.

But then they get to the last crate. It contains a Soviet nuclear warhead. They realize they are about to be on everyone's list. And that the party who was expecting delivery (I was thinking a white supremacist militia group) was up to much more than expected.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #489
RyanW

A Stick of Paratroopers in King Arthur's Court

A C-47 gets lost in the cloud cover over the Cotentin Peninsula in the early morning hours of D-Day. Introduce over a dozen heavily armed troopers to your favored fantasy setting. It needn't be Arthurian England, but assume one of the men is a Twain fan.

Last edited by RyanW; 04-17-2019 at 09:40 PM.
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #490
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
assume one of the men is a Twain fan.
Or a Pournelle fan. Or perhaps Piper, though Calvin Morrison didn't need any help.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote