Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #151
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Evilboy -- that one is on the list already -- check the last batch of Spacegamer Articles published prior to this most recent batch.

Also, I LOVE that Magical Backlash article -- it was one of the ways I helped offset the innate Wizard superiority in the original game! (Plus it was just so much fun in any case; and could give some hilarious results!)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:51 PM   #152
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilboy View Post
Edit: Aha! Google-Fu tells me it was in issue #29; "Designer Notes and Errata for The Fantasy Trip". By the way, if this article was already planned, then apologies and thanks!
http://thefantasytrip.game/news/2018...rrata-for-tft/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #153
Chris Rice

$150k goal will now include a hardback ITL book in the "I want it all" pledge. That's amazing and the can see us hitting that level soon!!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #154
Buzzardo

I am very happy to see the following in update 11: "A Sheet of Large Creature Counters - An excellent suggestion, and one that Steve and I have discussed and we both like. We do not (at this time) promise this as a stretch goal, but we are saying that it is possible."

Fingers crossed for that one. 14-hex dragon! (And maybe some other nifty critters.) :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #155
Rick_Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
... Fingers crossed for that one. 14-hex dragon! (And maybe some other nifty critters.) :)
This has my vote!

We just passed the $126,000 US stretch goal!

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #156
kbs666

Checking the Kickstarter page to see where the campaign stood on stretch goals and I got to wondering about average pledges.

$131,365US out of 1655 backers is an average of $79.37. That seems to strongly indicate that the overwhelming majority of pledges are at or above the $60 level.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #157
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Checking the Kickstarter page to see where the campaign stood on stretch goals and I got to wondering about average pledges.

$131,365US out of 1655 backers is an average of $79.37. That seems to strongly indicate that the overwhelming majority of pledges are at or above the $60 level.
It's also above the $60 + extra tiles pseudo-level's $75.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #158
flankspeed

The Kickstarter continues to go like gangbusters. TFT seems like The Little Engine that could, or rather, The Feisty Train that could. Go Feisty Train! Go TFT!

Now that we have Stretch Goals up to $150,000 including a hardcover book destined to drive up shipping costs anyway, when do we get a GM Screen? I would rather have the screen before the hardcover because the screen will both hide GM notes AND save wear and tear on the books.

If I have missed the inclusion of a GM Screen somewhere on the Kickstarter page, then I apologize. But please, please let us know when we will get a GM Screen!

Thank you!
Old 07-28-2018, 06:19 AM   #159
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
. . . when do we get a GM Screen?
We've got one planned. At the rate stretch goals are falling, that stretch goal may be revealed soon.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #160
larsdangly

It's all pretty exciting! I've really happy with everything I'm seeing. One further idea about stretch goal components (or near future products): How about a sheet or two of terrain style markers to indicate trees, chairs, alters, pits, etc.?

Also, with all the talk about shifting the game scale to 1.5 " per hex, I'd like to see a clear statement about what this will mean for the chit sheets that will come with the game. I know there is some general thought that the game will eventually shift to a default assumption of 28 mm scale miniatures, but that is not what is going to ship (and lots of people will keep using the chits regardless because we like them!). It seems like they need to work well with the changed scale of maps.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote