Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-17-2020, 10:01 PM   #21
Luke Bunyip

Default Re: Sci-Fi Campaign questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
The pilot episode implied Inners had the tech to regrow lost limbs... there was the guy killed in the riots who Miller examined in the morgue... a character seriously injured in S3 got cyberware to counter the damage...
Forgot about those. The only one that lodged with me was the spy with the bionic eye...
Old 03-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #22
Aldric

I plan to have just as much cybertech available, if not more, it is a campaign I had planned for 2020 after all.

My plan for it is to have it cost cash, not points, this would probably make the wealth advantage very valuable, but I don't plan to have it on any of the available templates, and I'm thinking of just removing it, does anyrhing really bad happen if I do?
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #23
copeab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldric View Post
My plan for it is to have it cost cash, not points, this would probably make the wealth advantage very valuable, but I don't plan to have it on any of the available templates, and I'm thinking of just removing it, does anyrhing really bad happen if I do?
I only used cyberware in one campaign, back in the early 90's, I got good results charging points and not cash.

GURPS 3e stuff: http://copeab.tripod.com
copeab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #24
Fred Brackin

Quote:
s, this would probably make the wealth advantage very valuable, but I don't plan to have it on any of the available templates, and I'm thinking of just removing it, does anyrhing really bad happen if I do?
That's moslty a question of whether or not you're removing Starting Wealth from chargen or removing the general advantage of Wealth from the game.

The first option trims the sort of charaters your PCs can make but the second means that your game wouldn't even try and deal with wealthy individuals be they PCs or NPCs.

The first is simple and has few side effects. The second makes your game a little limited. you can do either if you want to.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:47 AM   #25
Aldric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
That's moslty a question of whether or not you're removing Starting Wealth from chargen or removing the general advantage of Wealth from the game.

The first option trims the sort of charaters your PCs can make but the second means that your game wouldn't even try and deal with wealthy individuals be they PCs or NPCs.

The first is simple and has few side effects. The second makes your game a little limited. you can do either if you want to.
I don't mean to remove money, or wealth in general, just not have it as an advantage. People can still own vast amounts of money, ships, or space stations, I would just not use the Wealth advantage as it is.
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:47 AM   #26
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I don't mean to remove money, or wealth in general, just not have it as an advantage. People can still own vast amounts of money, ships, or space stations, I would just not use the Wealth advantage as it is.

Its just fine. It limits what the characters can be, but any good campaign premise does. Just be sure that all the character types you want to be available are still possible.

Will you be working with signature gear? you may want to nix that as well. Or alternatively lean on it if someone DOES want cybernetics.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #27
Kale

Signature Gear lets you buy cybernetics with money, but without making the character generally rich. This supports cyborgs with fancy mil-spec hardware that are relatively poor, which is very much a cyberpunk trope although you see it in many other sci-fi genres.
Also consider the character having Debt to pay off for it (Points taken in Debt can be used to buy Signature Gear) or the 'Requires Maintenance' dependency.