Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #11
thrash

Default Re: Nonhuman Timelines [Infinite Worlds]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
Sluggy

This is one of those worlds that give people nightmares. Literally.
Is it wrong that I immediately thought you were going to tell us about Bun-Bun?
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #12
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I will start.

Raccoon-1

Raccoon-1 is a timeline dominated by a TL10 civilization of sapient giant raccoons called the Cyttwt. The Cyttwt evolved on the North American continent from raccoon ancestors starting two million years ago and migrated into the Asian continent through the coastal routes during the glacial periods around 500,000 years ago. The Cyttwt developed agriculture around 50,000 years ago, but they did not develop metalworking until 10,000 years ago, when the advancement of their technology progressed more quickly. They reached TL5 around 2,000 years ago and TL10 around 1,000 years ago, when their technological progress slowed to a crawl, as they developed a world government. In the current era, the Cyttwt have spread throughout the Sol System and, starting 500 years ago, started sending nanostasis colony fleets to terraformable worlds in nearby systems.
Tangent, but I think you'd like the book "Architect of Dreams," about a human who slipped through a portal to a world where apes never developed thumbs, and raccoons became sentient (but without voiceboxes). A whole lot of fun worldbuilding. (Note that the author had a hissy-fit about an editor telling him to trim down the descriptions in book two, so it never got published. Sigh.)
Old 02-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #13
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Tangent, but I think you'd like the book "Architect of Dreams," about a human who slipped through a portal to a world where apes never developed thumbs, and raccoons became sentient (but without voiceboxes). A whole lot of fun worldbuilding. (Note that the author had a hissy-fit about an editor telling him to trim down the descriptions in book two, so it never got published. Sigh.)
That book is "Architect of Sleep" by Steven R. Boyett.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote