Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-07-2020, 03:11 AM   #751
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: Steve Jackson Games' GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Please email help@sjgames.com for support.
I ended up filing a help request through Backerkit. Got an automated response back from SJGames, so I assume it's going to be looked at.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:19 AM   #752
Anders

So does SJG run by some other calendar? And what strange stars governs that calendar? Because I distinctly remember seeing November (not that I'm complaining).
Old 08-07-2020, 06:20 AM   #753
Anaraxes

I was settled in to await November, and so was pleasantly surprised. This delivery was via Backerkit, which (IIRC) was meant to come before W23. In fact, my W23 account doesn't yet show those PDFs. I think the November date was for W23 delivery, but in any event the goal was always phrased something like "as soon as we get to that order, but we're estimating it may be as long as November".

The order seems to match exactly what I expected, so no mistakes despite the rush.

Just to help avoid duplicate reports, I'll mention that I reported one small wart that some of the file names aren't the usual long, readable ones ("GURPS_Subcategory_Name_n_Title_Here.pdf") but just SJG product codes ("SJG01-2345.pdf"). All of the base 12 names were spelled out as usual; all but one Pyramid were spelled out with one code, oddly enough; all of the main GURPS line were encoded. Easy enough to rename manually.

I'll try to keep an eye on W23 to see when the titles show up there. (As I recall, it sends an email when things get added to your account, so I don't need to poll it. I'm guessing they'll show as "COMPED" in W23 rather than having an order number, since that's what happened with the TFT PDFs.)
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:25 AM   #754
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
I ended up filing a help request through Backerkit. Got an automated response back from SJGames, so I assume it's going to be looked at.
With our Kickstarter campaigns, please use help@sjgames.com if you need support. Using Kickstarter, BackerKit, or other messaging systems only complicates the situation and causes delays in resolving issues. It's also _very_ easy for messages through those other systems to be missed.

We cannot say it often enough: Please email help@sjgames.com for support. And if you happen to notice someone else commenting in forums, on blog posts, or using smoke signals and they're reporting troubles, please ask them to:

philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #755
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Just to help avoid duplicate reports, I'll mention that I reported one small wart that some of the file names aren't the usual long, readable ones ("GURPS_Subcategory_Name_n_Title_Here.pdf") but just SJG product codes ("SJG01-2345.pdf"). ... Easy enough to rename manually.
Yeah, happened to me too.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:38 AM   #756
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Yeah, happened to me too.
Tghisis typical. They flag the files and Backerkit uses what was entered which appears yto be code.Basically Product #.
I cope them all into a kickstarter folder so I can look atthem andlater on replace them from W23 with the proper names when available.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #757
talonthehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
So does SJG run by some other calendar? And what strange stars governs that calendar? Because I distinctly remember seeing November (not that I'm complaining).
Under-promise and over-deliver - it's always better to list the worst case scenario as what the other party (customer, client, etc) should expect, and then exceed expectations on that.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #758
Say, it isn't that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
With our Kickstarter campaigns, please use help@sjgames.com if you need support. Using Kickstarter, BackerKit, or other messaging systems only complicates the situation and causes delays in resolving issues. It's also _very_ easy for messages through those other systems to be missed.

We cannot say it often enough: Please email help@sjgames.com for support. And if you happen to notice someone else commenting in forums, on blog posts, or using smoke signals and they're reporting troubles, please ask them to:

Bookmarked. :)

...whether I'll remember the bookmark is another matter. :)
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #759
cptbutton

Just got the email that the basic 12 PDFs are in my Warehouse 23 account, and they are, listed as COMP. I have them already, but this is nice for future disc crashes. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:19 AM   #760
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Just got the email that the basic 12 PDFs are in my Warehouse 23 account, and they are, listed as COMP. I have them already, but this is nice for future disc crashes. Thank you.
Same here!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf challenge