Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
Jareth Valar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Re: Looking for good House Rule on Wealth

Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
Have you checked out "Abstract Wealth" from Pyramid #3/44? It basically turns Wealth into an attribute that you roll against to make purchases.

I have used the system in one campaign, though I combined it with standard Wealth. Every character got 20% of their starting Wealth as equipment/cash, and the Abstract Wealth rules were used to handle the other 80%. This was a TL6 game, and it worked out really nicely. PCs could choose whether to pay for things out of pocket (using "cash on hand") or using Abstract Wealth.
I would use this system again for any game in which I want the characters to have remotely realistic financial situations (so not DF) without having to deal with boring bookkeeping.
Good article and good idea on how to incorporate.

My on;y issue with it, if i am remembering correctly, it doesn't address in any way what to do with Independent Income. We were thinking on using this but haven't come up with a a solution on how to handle it (every PC has some varying level of Independent Income).
Jareth Valar is offline   Reply With Quote

house rule, wealth

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.