Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 03-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #31
JMD

Default Re: GURPS Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
I've written a web-browser-based GURPS character sheet program. I have actually been working on this thing for years, on and off, but it's fairly complete at this point. I'd like some feedback. Take a look: www.cox-thurmond.net/jim/jcsp/.

This thing is meant to compete with GURPS Character Assistant and similar programs, except it's easier to use (I hope) and much more portable because it's also just a web page. That being said, it encompasses all the (3rd and 4th edition) rules found in the Basic Sets, and can be customized. You can create, save, etc. in most browsers now. You can download a set of files to use the package on your own computer, if you like.

Please let me know what you think - thanks!

Looks nice! Do you have a thread made for this? If not you should make one, people on here will pick it to hell and give you lots of great advice.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #32
jcsp

JMD, I'm a newbie here and I don't know exactly what you mean - a new forum thread? Could you direct me to some documentation, perhaps?

Thanks!
jcsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #33
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
JMD, I'm a newbie here and I don't know exactly what you mean - a new forum thread? Could you direct me to some documentation, perhaps?

Thanks!
Sure. Click here and then click "Start new thread" at the top left.

http://i.imgur.com/X7RzUxC.png

Once in there just give the title as your app name, and a description and link for it in the body. If you are active in that thread as people respond I swear you'll get a lot of interest, we here love character management tools oh so very very much.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forums! I hope you stay and chat with us awhile.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #34
jcsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
... we here love character management tools oh so very very much.
I wonder why, do you suppose? Something about GURPS, perhaps?

;)

Jim
jcsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #35
trechriron

I have created a GURPS 4e Google Sheets Character Sheet for your consideration.

I wanted something easier to read/use, interact with for audits, and to share in a format everyone has access to (no cost, Google...).

The link will take you to my public Google Share for GURPS 4e. There is a disclaimer there for your perusal. After that business, you can navigate to Character Sheets where you will find the sheet and an Instructions document. If you would like to use it PLEASE copy both to your own Google drive location and modify there. :-) (I don't think you can modify in my share, but just in case...).

Let me know what you think!
My Blog
trechriron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #36
trechriron

Quote:
Originally Posted by trechriron View Post

Let me know what you think!
This thing has more errors than a Master's Thesis penned by Daffy Duck on Heroin. I think I shall instead try my hand at a sheet for GCA. What a mess. I'm luck no one looked at it. It's... not good.
My Blog
trechriron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #37
Zandari

So, this is exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for!

However, I can't use Gurps Character Sheet on my Windows machine very easily (for some reason, modern displays and Java don't work together, Java doesn't recognize the high DPI of the screen and text ends up being the size of ant babies).

Does anyone know of a way to convert files from Gurps Character Assistant over to Gurps Character Sheet, or better yet, is there a way to import GCA files into GMControlApp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
I’ve created a new computer-based GURPS play-aid (which I’ve teased about previously) which I call the GMControlApp. It starts with the idea of a computer-based GM Control Sheet and adds combat tracking capabilities.
[*]Or you can use the “Import” button to import character data from GURPS Character Sheet (http://gurpscharactersheet.com), version 4 or higher. GCS needs to be installed on your computer along with GMControlApp for this to work. The first time you import, GMControlApp will ask you to select the location of your GCS installation.
Zandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #38
nick_coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandari View Post
So, this is exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for!

However, I can't use Gurps Character Sheet on my Windows machine very easily (for some reason, modern displays and Java don't work together, Java doesn't recognize the high DPI of the screen and text ends up being the size of ant babies).

Does anyone know of a way to convert files from Gurps Character Assistant over to Gurps Character Sheet, or better yet, is there a way to import GCA files into GMControlApp?
GCS isn't required - you can manually enter your character's data into the app as well.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #39
kmunoz

In my .sig is a link to my Random Monster Generator. Unfortunately for the moment it's Mac-only, as it's a FileMaker Pro runtime document and I'm not yet able to make a Windows version. I may try to reproduce it in another multi-platform environment, I just happen to know FMPro and am not a programmer.
kmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #40
Legendsmith

I like The Last Gasp, but the book keeping seems to be a bit tedious, until now. I made this The Last Gasp Assistant.
to help me and my players keep track of their AP and FP, and how they were recovering.
I'd appreciate feedback, and whether or not my interpretation of the recovery rules is correct.

Last edited by Legendsmith; 11-10-2016 at 06:49 AM. Reason: More info.
Legendsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
programs, resources