Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #591
Daigoro

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
No, there's not. I toyed around with a way to add modules, but never came up with anything I really liked. Some day I need to revisit it, not sure when though.
Of course, not knowing what you've tried or tested I don't know how helpful this suggestion will be, but I'd expect a user-made module system to work like this-
Cell 1- Module Name
Cell 2- Module Type, from a drop down list
Cells 3+ - these cells vary, depending on the choice of Cell 2: Power Points, Speed, DR, etc.

I guess you'd make a new tab for Module Editing, and each new module, as it's saved, is sent to the end of the relevant list of RAW modules.

Because the list of variables is defined according to the module type, there should be little room for users to break the system.

Does that sound reasonable, or is there an easier way?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #592
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Version 2.0 Release Candidate 9
-Fixed Food Cargo unable to edit
-Fixed Magical Habitat Cabins not multiplied (introduced in RC8.1; not introduced in OpenOffice)
-Added two new worksheets, Saved Ships 2 and User Systems
--Saved Ships is now completely empty of ships, a good place for users to place their own ships. Saved Ships 2 houses my personal example ships as well as ships from Pyramid (the Official Ships sheet ran out of room, as the sheets are limited to 256 ships).
--User Systems has slots to place 5 user created Ship Systems. At the top there is a section where you can call up the stats of an existing Ship System from the sheet, making it easier to modify existing ships as well as see how they are created. There are also Macro Buttons to Copy the example system into one of the 5 user slots or to clear each of the user slots.
--If you save a ship to the Save Sheet the any User System it uses will be saved with it. When you restore a ship you it will be automatically loaded into a free User System slot if one is available, you will be asked to overwrite if an existing system has the same name and TL, or you will receive a warning if no slots are available.
-Added support for Equipment Packs from the Pyramid 3/40 article Mecha Operations. You can set a system up to mount Equipment Packs by selecting it from the Ship Options section area under Modular/Equip. Packs. Equipment Packs work similarly to Smaller SM Systems and Reconfigurable Systems, and use the same itemspace in the sheet, so you cannot attach an Equipment Pack to one of those systems (even though, technically, you should be able to). This is a limitation of the sheet I cannot work around at this time.
-Added support for new Systems and Options introduced in the Pyramid 3/64 article Sailing the Open Skies
-Consolidated Campaign Options so that all Pyramid Article options are activated using the same checkbox (adding new checkboxes causes a host of issues and is very time consuming; there's no real reason to add new option checkboxes unless some really weird rules are introduced)
-Added Force Screen options into the System Options section. You can specify up to six Force Screen Options here (either one or two options in each Options column), however if you select anything other than Magic/Psi Powered the General Force Screen Options (from the checkboxes above) will not be applied to the specific Force Screen you're adding options too.
-In Excel w/Macros you may now change the Ship System, SM, or TL from the System Options section as well as from the Spacecraft Design Table section. This requires use of Macros to copy the changes to multiple cells, so Macros must be enabled. This proved to be buggy/slow in OpenOffice, so is disabled for now.

Excel 2000
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.zip (3.37MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.7z (1.58MB)

Excel 2007
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.zip (4.32MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.7z (4.20MB)

Excel 2007 No Macro
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/Space...007NoMacro.zip (4.32MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/Space...2007NoMacro.7z (3.85MB)

OpenOffice 3.2.0/3.3.0/LiberOffice 4
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.zip (3.36MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.7z (2.96MB)
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-23-2014 at 05:00 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #593
scc

Actually Eric, working from memory, I'm pretty sure you attach Equipment Packs to a number hull slot, not to a piece of equipment, otherwise using smaller systems will triple the number of equipment packs you get
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #594
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Actually Eric, working from memory, I'm pretty sure you attach Equipment Packs to a number hull slot, not to a piece of equipment, otherwise using smaller systems will triple the number of equipment packs you get
More or less, yes. The issue is that in the Spreadsheet I have only 21 numbered slots (7 front, center, and rear) and 3 sub-slots for each (84 total slots). These three sub-slots can be used to record Smaller SM Systems, Reconfigurable Systems, and now Equipment Packs. If they are being used for one of those three they cannot also be used for another of those three, because there's not enough room in the sheet to list more sub-systems. This means that the sheet won't allow you to assign an Equipment Pack to the same location as a Reconfigurable or Smaller SM System, because the sub-slots are already being used by the existing system.

Technically speaking, by RAW, there's nothing stopping you from having a Reconfigurable System also be Smaller SM, and then attaching an Equipment Pack to that Hull Location. Unfortunately, the sheet can't handle that, as there's not enough room to record all of those systems.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-22-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #595
scc

Actually if you've got 4 slots you might be able to make it work, but don't worry about muck-ups like that, the Valkyrie/Veritech rip-off in Mecha Operations loses it's missile ammo when it transforms.

And when I open the zipped OO/LO download in my copy of LO 4.1.2.3 I get a warning about macro's. Also for some reason the drop downs on the actual design part are empty
Old 04-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #596
ericbsmith

Quote:
Actually if you've got 4 slots you might be able to make it work, but don't worry about muck-ups like that, the Valkyrie/Veritech rip-off in Mecha Operations loses it's missile ammo when it transforms.
Well, yeah, in the new version I've added support for Equipment Packs. My note is because muck-ups like that aren't supported, but basic Equipment Packs are.

Quote:
And when I open the zipped OO/LO download in my copy of LO 4.1.2.3 I get a warning about macro's. Also for some reason the drop downs on the actual design part are empty
The macro warning is normal unless you have set a security exception for the Sheets location Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Security -> Macro security (button) -> Trusted Sources -> Trusted file locations/Add (button)

The Drop-Down menus in the design part are normally empty until you have set the TL and SM of the ship.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #597
scc

Setting a TL and SM doesn't seem to help, do I need to save it first or enable macro's?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #598
ericbsmith

You shouldn't need to save it nor enable Macros. Make sure you're entering the SM and TL in the Starship Design Table section of the Design Table sheet.

I did just find a couple bugs that affected only LibreOffice (and maybe OpenOffice 3.4.x) which I just re-uploaded a corrected version. I hate it when they suddenly do things differently in newer branches of the program. I'm beginning to really hate OpenOffice, actually.

I'll also repeat my earlier recommendation of sticking to OpenOffice 3.3 or OpenOffice 3.2 Portable. Not only is compatibility a little easier for me by sticking to those versions of the program, but the Basic Compiler in the older branches of the program, while a little slow, is still about a million times faster than the Compiler they cocked up in LibreOffice and OpenOffice 4.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-23-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:43 AM   #599
Snoman314

Quote:
Version 2.0 Release Candidate 9...
Woohoo!

This does everything that I could want! Awesome work, as usual.

I have got one thing that appears to be a bug: I've tried to set the fuel price multiplier in the campaign settings, but when I set a fuel tank to a specific type of fuel it always uses the default price, regardless of what I try and change it to.
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 AM   #600
scc

Quote:
You shouldn't need to save it nor enable Macros. Make sure you're entering the SM and TL in the Starship Design Table section of the Design Table sheet.

I did just find a couple bugs that affected only LibreOffice (and maybe OpenOffice 3.4.x) which I just re-uploaded a corrected version. I hate it when they suddenly do things differently in newer branches of the program. I'm beginning to really hate OpenOffice, actually.

I'll also repeat my earlier recommendation of sticking to OpenOffice 3.3 or OpenOffice 3.2 Portable. Not only is compatibility a little easier for me by sticking to those versions of the program, but the Basic Compiler in the older branches of the program, while a little slow, is still about a million times faster than the Compiler they cocked up in LibreOffice and OpenOffice 4.
V80 and AA80, right?

And that portable thing should work for me

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet