Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #551
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

This update took a good long while. When you see how much has been added you'll understand why. I did find more than a few annoying bugs, both previously present and newly added, so keep your eyes open and let me know if you come across something that just isn't right.

Version 2.0 Release Candidate 8
-As usual, numerous bug fixes.
-Added stats for SM+3 ships (and Smaller SM Systems)
-Added Essential Fuel as an option to Fuel Tanks
-Added rules from Pyramid 3/40: Mecha Operations
-Added Spaceship Design Rules for Vorkosigan Saga
--Vorkosigan Saga rules have two sets of options; the first is the standard "Campaign Options" checkbox, which activates the basic rules used in Vork. The second is the new Vork Campaign Options button, which adds filters for all systems that are not present in the Vork Campaign book.
-Added better error checking for multi-part systems (Spinal Batteries, Flexibody Drivetrain, and the new Command Armor). When one piece of the multi-part system is installed it will generate a Warning message and turn the section Black (just like Error messages do). The warning message listed will instruct you on installing the other pieces of the multi-part system; once all pieces are installed the Warnings will be cleared and appropriate statistics for the systems will be displayed.
-Added support for some multi-section systems (see below). When a multi-section system is selected it will take up it's own slot plus the extras it requires, so if a system requiring 3 slots is installed in slot [2] it will take up slots [2-4] when installed. An error will be generated if you install a system in slot [3] or [4]. In addition, these systems have restrictions as to which slots they can be installed in. A 3-slot system which is limited to [Hull] Locations would be limited to slots [1] through [4]. Because all system slot drop-down menus in a single location (e.g. Front) use the same menu it may be possible to place one of these systems in an inappropriate slot, in which case the sheet will generate an ERROR message.
--Unfortunately it is not currently possible to install a multi-section system as part of a Reconfigurable system.
-Added Oversized Weapon Batteries (essentially this is just an Oversized Major Battery, taking up 3 systems slots but mounting a single weapon the size of a Spinal Battery).
-Added rules from Pyramid 3/40: Mecha Operations. Command Armor, in particular, needs a little extra explanation:
--Command Armor - Smaller is installed as two separate Core systems, at least one of which needs to be in the Center/Core section.
--Larger Command Armor can either be installed as two sets of three adjacent systems or three sets of two adjacent systems; at least two of the systems must inhabit Core systems, one of which must be the Center/Core. Because of these restrictions Command Armor was broken up into two separate systems
--Command Armor - Dual System takes up two system slots each. It can only be installed in slot [5] or slot [6], taking up [5-6] or [6,Core]. Two of the three must be installed in slot [6], one of which must be the Center/[6] slot.
--Command Armor - Triple System takes up three system slots. It must be installed in slot [5], taking up [5-6,Core], and one of the two must be installed in the Center/[5] slot.
-In addition to the previous systems I added support for a few other of the standard systems to be installed as Oversized Systems (SM+7 Open Spaces, TL9/SM+9 Fusion Reactors, etc.)

Excel 2000
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.zip (2.87MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2.7z (1.33MB)

Excel 2007
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.zip (3.75MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-2007.7z (3.64MB)

OpenOffice 3.2.0/3.3.0/LiberOffice 4
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.zip (2.80MB)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/SpaceshipsV2-Ooo.7z (2.42MB)
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 09-21-2013 at 04:07 AM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #552
ericbsmith

Just found and fixed a couple minor bugs in RC8.
-Fixed bug with Quaternary Batteries
-Fixed power use bug with Spinal Batteries (Core section always used power, regardless of weapon installed)
Kaboom-baya.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #553
Sciencezam

Hmm. I've tried opening this in open office 3.3.0 and Excel 2011 on my macbook, but each time the dropdown lists for ship systems are empty. Excel 2011 at least gives the error "compile error in module 1", whatever that means.

Tried opening both excel versions with excel, and the open office version with open office.

Any idea what's messing up?
Sciencezam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #554
Snoman314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencezam View Post
Hmm. I've tried opening this in open office 3.3.0 and Excel 2011 on my macbook, but each time the dropdown lists for ship systems are empty. Excel 2011 at least gives the error "compile error in module 1", whatever that means.

Tried opening both excel versions with excel, and the open office version with open office.

Any idea what's messing up?
Have you set the ship's TL and SM? If not, then the ship system slots will be empty, as without a TL and SM, it's pretty hard to tell what systems should be available to choose from.
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #555
Sciencezam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman314 View Post
Have you set the ship's TL and SM? If not, then the ship system slots will be empty, as without a TL and SM, it's pretty hard to tell what systems should be available to choose from.
Ah, that did it. For open office at least, it's still fried in Excel.
Sciencezam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #556
Snoman314

Quote:
Ah, that did it. For open office at least, it's still fried in Excel.
I don't have Excel, so I can't help you there.
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #557
ericbsmith

Quote:
Excel 2011 at least gives the error "compile error in module 1", whatever that means.
Compile Error suggests a problem with the coding; Module 1 is a location in the sheet where macro code is stored. It throws no such error for me in Excel 2000 and 2007 for me. This, in turn, suggests that either Excel 2011 has better error checking (so is finding an error the others miss) or has a bug (so is throwing an error where it shouldn't).

Unless it's giving you more information I have no idea why it's throwing a compile error. One thing I could do is break out the code from Module 1 into multiple modules to try to track down where the error lies, then maybe I can spot it or correct or work around it.

Is anybody else using Excel 2011, and are you having any compile errors?
Kaboom-baya.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #558
sayke

ericbsmith - i'm sorry to say that i'm getting the same errors! no idea why...
sayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #559
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayke View Post
ericbsmith - i'm sorry to say that i'm getting the same errors! no idea why...
OK, finally sat down to look into it and I did find a couple compile errors in the current version of both Excel sheets. I've corrected these errors and re-uploaded the sheets. I'd appreciate it if the two of you, or anyone else using Excel 2011, would give it a try.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #560
Adina

Having an issue with assigning auxiliary craft. I have a SM+9 ship with a SM+8 hanger (30 ton capacity) but I can only load SM+4/10 ton craft into it. None of the SM+5/30 ton craft show up as an option.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet