Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Eddie T

Default Consolidated Enhancements/Limitations

Is there a thread, document, or Pyramid that consolidates all enhancements and limitations into one place? My Forum Search and Google Fu both seem extremely weak.
Eddie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Consolidated Enhancements/Limitations

The Two Power ups Books are the closest, one for each.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Eddie T

Hmmm, then does anyone know if there is an enhancement already for storing X number of presets for a tool/weapon/device?

Example: the cybernetic face in my other thread, storing 1-6 preset faces for future use.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
Hmmm, then does anyone know if there is an enhancement already for storing X number of presets for a tool/weapon/device?

Example: the cybernetic face in my other thread, storing 1-6 preset faces for future use.
I think the value of this varies too much by advantage to have a single cost that applies universally. What's the actual benefit of the "presets" in this case? Do they reduce the time required to change your face into them? Make a Disguise roll unnecessary? Something else? What it does will affect how much of a modifier it is.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
Eddie T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
I think the value of this varies too much by advantage to have a single cost that applies universally. What's the actual benefit of the "presets" in this case? Do they reduce the time required to change your face into them? Make a Disguise roll unnecessary? Something else? What it does will affect how much of a modifier it is.
In my mind it would allow the Disguise roll to be made at some point to "build" a face and store the settings so you could do a quick change without having to roll. I can build an enhancement for it, I just don't want to do that if something already exists.

Example: I was using Morph (Cybernetic and several limitations) when Elastic Skin is the exact effect desired.

I don't enjoy reinventing things.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
I can build an enhancement for it, I just don't want to do that if something already exists.

I don't enjoy reinventing things.
Certainly fair. However, in this case, I don't think such a modifier already exists, so you will have to build it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T
In my mind it would allow the Disguise roll to be made at some point to "build" a face and store the settings so you could do a quick change without having to roll.
Here's how I'd do that:

Preset Forms: This enhancement, for Elastic Skin and Morph, allows you to pre-design certain shapes, making a Disguise roll ahead of time, and shaving a bit of time off when you transform. The Disguise roll gets the usual benefits from the advantage associated. When you transform into a "preset", it takes 1 second less time than usual.
If you have Morph, each preset form has a particular set of traits which you must stick with, even if you have the Improvised Forms enhancement. Perfecting a form usually takes 15 minutes of time. You can "forget" a preset form at any time and replace it with a new one.
+10% if you have 1 preset available, +15% for 2-4 presets, +20% for 5-10 presets, and +25% for 11 or more, up to any maximum chosen by the GM.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
Eddie T

Quote:
Certainly fair. However, in this case, I don't think such a modifier already exists, so you will have to build it.
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Here's how I'd do that:

Preset Forms: This enhancement, for Elastic Skin and Morph, allows you to pre-design certain shapes, making a Disguise roll ahead of time, and shaving a bit of time off when you transform. The Disguise roll gets the usual benefits from the advantage associated. When you transform into a "preset", it takes 1 second less time than usual.
If you have Morph, each preset form has a particular set of traits which you must stick with, even if you have the Improvised Forms enhancement. Perfecting a form usually takes 15 minutes of time. You can "forget" a preset form at any time and replace it with a new one.
+10% if you have 1 preset available, +15% for 2-4 presets, +20% for 5-10 presets, and +25% for 11 or more, up to any maximum chosen by the GM.
I like it! Easily scalable for other applications on cybernetic systems as well!