Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #341
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Shiro appears for a moment as his glowing self, then disappears in a streak as though down a long dark tunnel. Corat pursues, a pinwheel firework to light your way. An angel pausing for truth would catch sight of the memory of the line, persistence of vision showing him what had already gone. There were two lines pulling at Shiro, one small and gray and the other a wide kaleidoscope of red, gold, and green, with flecks of purple over a brown swath. The chase leads you all south, out of San Francisco and past wine country and straight to the heart of L.A. Corat dims his lights a little on entering the demon town but continues the pursuit.

Mitch flicks his tail and follows after Corat heading south.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #342
Dalillama

Quote:
Glen would know from experience that Ryuki has a flashpaper temper--easy to light and quick to burn itself out. This thought is chased from his head momentarily by the bang of the last angel going celestial, an awesome sound and a bit too loud at this range. Ryuki ducks instinctively but then stands back up.

Ryuki doesn't answer whether he's okay. Instead he puts his hands in his pockets and stands as close, eye to eye, with Sunae as she'll let him. "That was not training. It was a Will War, with a complete unknown, and had we lost you and I would both be slaves to it. Slaves. Literally."

He casts his glance to Glen and raises his voice's pitch, to make the sarcasm extremely obvious. "And thank you so very much for pitching in there Glen! I always could count on your unselfish devotion." He gives you a rictus grin like he'd break his own teeth with the tension. Still those hands remain in those pockets, when he could be gesturing with them.
Glen shrugs
"Unlike you, I was paying attention when we were instructed to let him go. Prior to that, well, you didn't ask, did you? Besides, I have no desire to be a slave to some unknown sorcerer, and I trust you wouldn't have gotten involved if you didn't think you could win, so really, she was the only one at risk." He nods towards Sunae.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #343
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen shrugs
"Unlike you, I was paying attention when we were instructed to let him go. Prior to that, well, you didn't ask, did you? Besides, I have no desire to be a slave to some unknown sorcerer, and I trust you wouldn't have gotten involved if you didn't think you could win, so really, she was the only one at risk." He nods towards Sunae.
She sighs

"I'm willing to take this kind of risk for someone you care about and you are willing to set me forth as your guinea pig to see if it's worth your while. And you wonder why I am distancing myself. Simply put, you make it abundantly clear you don't want my friendship, and I can't make that kind of effort under those circumstances. You wounded me once Ryuki. I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that to me again."

She walks over and picks up her box

"I have to get ready for my second shift. But I am eager to deliver his message to your father, so I'll stop by on my way. I'm sure your team can handle the rest of this. Good day to you all"

She bows slightly and leaves. She makes her way to another cheap motel and rents a room for the night. Then she begins the laborous process of preparing for her shift that evening.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #344
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen shrugs
"----head," Ryuki calls Glen under his breath as he sprints after Sunae. Unfortunately for him the room is chaotic and his focus is divided, meaning she slips away from him. He tries two doors to the outside and, failing on the second one, says to nobody in particular, "I gave the instruction to let go. I covered your exit."

He storms back inside, hoping Glen has wandered off back to his booth, his captured demon, and the Cherub who minds it. He knew he couldn't sit and wait in that room for long, that the anxiety would drive him to do something, but he hoped he wouldn't be waiting that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She sighs

She walks over and picks up her box

"I have to get ready for my second shift. But I am eager to deliver his message to your father, so I'll stop by on my way. I'm sure your team can handle the rest of this. Good day to you all"

She bows slightly and leaves. She makes her way to another cheap motel and rents a room for the night. Then she begins the laborous process of preparing for her shift that evening.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #345
Andygal

(sorry I'm late, been offline! gah)

Ida also goes celestial (she looks more or less the same as her vessel but glowy and with white feathered wings, with some of the feathers sticking up, as if charged with static electricity) and follows as quick as she can, she's better at celestial combat then corporeal if it comes to that and either way she's a distraction for the enemy from the heavy hitters.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #346
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch flicks his tail and follows after Corat heading south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post

Ida also goes celestial (she looks more or less the same as her vessel but glowy and with white feathered wings, with some of the feathers sticking up, as if charged with static electricity) and follows as quick as she can, she's better at celestial combat then corporeal if it comes to that and either way she's a distraction for the enemy from the heavy hitters.
As you get nearer to L.A. you also get nearer to Shiro. You watch as the colorful strand folds in on itself, releasing its hold on Shiro as it seems to disappear into thin air. He's still held by the pewter thread though, and it's pulling nearly as fast as both threads combined. Shiro tries to fight it but only succeeds in slowing the pull down.

Entering the city, a look behind you reveals that you've attracted attention. A Calabite has picked up your scent and follows you closely, his red bat wings folded like a hawk in a dive. He reaches his hand forward to whistle for backup...

"We have to keep moving fast," Corat advises. "to defend Shiro potential hostage definitely, but if we slow down we risk almost certainly I hope we're not here very long getting surrounded. We're in L.A. land of highly territorial demons"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-03-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: speaking in Celestial
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #347
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
As you get nearer to L.A. you also get nearer to Shiro. You watch as the colorful strand folds in on itself, releasing its hold on Shiro as it seems to disappear into thin air. He's still held by the pewter thread though, and it's pulling nearly as fast as both threads combined. Shiro tries to fight it but only succeeds in slowing the pull down.

Entering the city, a look behind you reveals that you've attracted attention. A Calabite has picked up your scent and follows you closely, his red bat wings folded like a hawk in a dive. He reaches his hand forward to whistle for backup...

"We have to keep moving fast," Corat advises. "to defend Shiro potential hostage definitely, but if we slow down we risk almost certainly I hope we're not here very long getting surrounded. We're in L.A. land of highly territorial demons"
"Then they'll have to learn not to follow us, won't they?" Kane says. No surrender, the old mantra repeats in his mind. No retreat.

He spends 1 Essence to light the blade, then slashes out with it to cut off the Calabite's hand. As he does so, he "flexes" his celestial form, trying to make his Malakite nature as big and imposing as possible. (Attempted use of Emote, to try to inspire fear in the Freak.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #348
Puck

Quote:

Mitch coils around himself and dives, attempting to dodge the Calabite and feeling rather greatfull for having a Malakite here. As he drives he keeps an eye on Shiro and the grey thread and tries to keep after them.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #349
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Then she begins the laborous process of preparing for her shift that evening.
Sunae was upset but she wasn't sure at who. She wasn't really surprised by Ryuki's little stunt, heck she had almost expected it. But there was that small part that had hoped...

Yes, she was more angry at herself for having that hope. And now she had abandoned the group to nurse her pride, a pride she thought she had long surrendered.

She had already taken her shower. It's amazing what a cold shower can do to bring things into perspective.

Her decision made, she packed her box again and made her way back to the others. She'll get ready while they wait.

Rather than walk, she finds a cab and rides back.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #350
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post

Ida also goes celestial ...she's a distraction for the enemy from the heavy hitters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Then they'll have to learn not to follow us, won't they?" Kane says. No surrender, the old mantra repeats in his mind. No retreat.

He spends 1 Essence to light the blade, then slashes out with it to cut off the Calabite's hand. As he does so, he "flexes" his celestial form, trying to make his Malakite nature as big and imposing as possible. (Attempted use of Emote, to try to inspire fear in the Freak.)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch coils around himself and dives, attempting to dodge the Calabite and feeling rather greatfull for having a Malakite here. As he drives he keeps an eye on Shiro and the grey thread and tries to keep after them.
((Did I ever mention how unpacking completely scrambles one's filing system? I can't find my dear notebooks, and I don't have Kane in an electronic version, at least not one I can find. I'm winging it this round, but could you please help me out on the stats?))

The Calabite looks down at his newly severed celestial hand. The logical thing to do in this case would be to scream, calling the attention of nearby demons. Sure they might fall upon a wounded Freak with joy, but they might welcome the chance to kill some featherbrains. That would make sense.

The flashing flaming sword, however, does not make sense, nor does the fact that a Malakite, an Elohite, and a Seraph are following a Wheel at apparently full speed into L.A. Deciding it's all too weird, the Freak doesn't even attack, just turns tail and flees back the way you all came.

Corat throws a lasso around Kane. "You'd do the same for me 'bodily off the field of battle'," he says, hoping the lasso holds.

((Yes, that's another challenge, depending on what the rest of you do.
As for the other thread, what Ryuki does depends heavily on who he thinks is watching. DAlilama, where's Glen and what's he doing?))

Tags
in nomine