Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #2341
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"It's news to me, too. Ryuki, I assume you have a reason to suppose that she's planning to contact me?"
"I do indeed. She called me up demanding your full name and phone number. I told her no." He pauses to enjoy that. "So she's going to call me here in about," he looks at the clock dramatically, "twenty minutes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
And indeed she does not. She does not even notice he did that, she has turned and walked to a corner of the office and stands with her back to it, and everyone in her view.

"Wait."

Sunae looks at the stranger, (Remiel's latest host) and Dennis, (whom she has not met)

"I don't know you two. Who are you and why are you here?"
"That's fair." Ryuki answers regally--this is his domain. "The front office vouches for her, and Dennis there is on Mitch's leash. And Mitch...he understands business. Even the rough kind."

"I am not on a leash!" Dennis explodes. "I am a G-- d--ned angel now," though apparently one who still uses the Lord's name in vain.

Sunae and Corat, more in tune with such signals than the others, will catch Ryuki's flinch. Dennis, even ignoring his celestial nature, is clearly a lot stronger than your host.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #2342
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"I am not on a leash!" Dennis explodes. "I am a G-- d--ned angel now," though apparently one who still uses the Lord's name in vain.

Sunae and Corat, more in tune with such signals than the others, will catch Ryuki's flinch. Dennis, even ignoring his celestial nature, is clearly a lot stronger than your host.
"Now? So you Redeemed? Wise move. But it's obvious you still have a lot to learn"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #2343
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Now? So you Redeemed? Wise move. But it's obvious you still have a lot to learn"
Ryuki tsks, shakes his head, plays the pene to the hilt. "Litigant angeli" he mutters with a hint of mockery. ((Latin: Bickering angels--the term doesn't seem to have anything to do with law or legalism.))
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #2344
Puck

Quote:
Ryuki tsks, shakes his head, plays the pene to the hilt. "Litigant angeli" he mutters with a hint of mockery. ((Latin: Bickering angels--the term doesn't seem to have anything to do with law or legalism.))
Mitch quirks an eyebrow at Ryuki, but replies to Sunae "Yes, he does. It's quite a change. Ones whole nature and outlook on the world shifts. Surely you understand it can take some time to make that adjustment."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #2345
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch quirks an eyebrow at Ryuki, but replies to Sunae "Yes, he does. It's quite a change. Ones whole nature and outlook on the world shifts. Surely you understand it can take some time to make that adjustment."
Sunae merely shrugs

To Ryuki:

"Who else are we waiting for?"
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #2346
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
The host smiled. "Thank you!" And with that she was off to see Ryuki! She walked right into the office and waved. "Hi! Sorry we're late, there was a bit of a mix-up. What did we miss?"
Quote:
Sunae merely shrugs

To Ryuki:

"Who else are we waiting for?"
"That depends. Who is in there?" He points at Remiel.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #2347
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"That depends. Who is in there?" He points at Remiel.
"What about Kane? I know he's on something, but I don't know if he's supposed to show up for this meeting"
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #2348
Dalillama

Quote:
"I do indeed. She called me up demanding your full name and phone number. I told her no." He pauses to enjoy that. "So she's going to call me here in about," he looks at the clock dramatically, "twenty minutes."
"I'm interested to see what business she has with me. It promises to be renumerative."

Quote:
Glen chuckles. "And that's a stronger leash than any I have on your friend Bruce."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #2349
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"I'm interested to see what business she has with me. It promises to be renumerative."
Quote:
"What about Kane? I know he's on something, but I don't know if he's supposed to show up for this meeting"
Ryuki remembers he's not telepathic, and can't tell Sunae about the books and the cowboy without also tipping Glen that he's left out a rather important detail this time. "Did you not...?" he says lamely. "I thought I mentioned it, but I could have failed to mention when." He gives Corat a look--when you absolutely positively have to be there... Before the thought is out he has his phone flipped open, dialing Kane.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #2350
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Kane feels the phone buzz -- a Malakite's phone is almost always set to vibrate, you never know when you'll be stalking -- and picks it up.

"Kineman. What can I do for you?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine