Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #1441
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"Have no fear on that score. He will be as loyal as ever a dog was.
"Very well then, let's be off" Mitch claps Corat on the shoulder "Stay safe." he adds, fimly ingnoring Corat's pleading look." He looks at Ligeia "Lead the way."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #1442
Lunakitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"And you are not leaving without me. The others can stay and retrieve our Soldier."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane's smile matches Samedi's. He holds out a hand to the Ethereal. "Common cause. Let's get a beatdown goin'."
The Baron stands up, and up, as he seems to grow taller and broader. His skin no longer sports the veves, is no longer shiny and sensuous with oil but looks instead as tough as rhino hide, and his clothes are now sturdier, rougher fabric. He turns his head from side to side with an audible neck-crack, inhales deeply and smiles like a knife’s edge. He takes Kane’s hand between two of his own, shakes, and speaks. “Let’s do dis den.”

He lets go of the Malakite’s hand and turns into the crowd murmuring quietly in the party. “Alright you, you heard de Angel, we’s got work t’do. Dionysus! Go an’ get your sister." The crowd shifts as a staggeringly drunk man in a toga, with a couple of wild looking women hanging on him, turns to respond to the Baron. "Which one??" he asks, surprisingly for how sloshed he is, slurring his words only very slightly. His confusion is clear though- Dionysus has dozens of sisters, damn Zeus. "De reliable one.” “And which might that be?” The Baron sighs, "Artemis." "Ah, okay, okay." Dionysus shares some sloppy kisses with various beings, throws down one more drink, and wobbles towards the exit. He shakes his head free and walks almost-soberly towards the Greek side of the dreaming.

A tall and buxom goddess, with wheat colored hair and a full, fertile figure comes forward. "Freyja, ma petite minette – call your husban’ for us- we’re goin’ huntin.”
The beautiful blonde raises a horn—in her hand shifting from a party favor to a full sized trumpet. Far off in the distance a trumpet answers. You can see the Baron is delighted by the sound, as his deadly smile grows sharper.

From the same direction there is a sound like thunder, but it shows no sign of stopping. This is no thunderclap; it is a stampede... not quite a stampede, as there is a sort of rhythm to it. Soon its source comes into view, a black cloud with a glowing figure at its forefront. The Baron laughs; “An’ so, dey come!”

Crossing the great vale like an army, they nonetheless dance and weave around the individual dreamscapes, jostling but not harming the dreamers between you and them. Finally they arrive, a near-army of horses and hounds led by a giant of a man sporting deer antlers and riding an eight-legged horse--the Wild Hunt.
“Now den...” The Baron turns to the assembled group, the army looming behind him, “...we will fin’ dis slaughter-god. But we need vessels. Dere.” He points to the volcano where the noise has gotten the attention of a who's who of angelic society.

Quote:
"Have no fear on that score. He will be as loyal as ever a dog was.
Black Shuck goes half crazy with anticipation, jumping back and forth between Glen, the Baron, and the hounds who've just arrived. He always goes back to Glen, but he feels an instinctive need to touch base with his fellow death omens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Very well then, let's be off" Mitch claps Corat on the shoulder "Stay safe." he adds, fimly ingnoring Corat's pleading look." He looks at Ligeia "Lead the way."
Corat looks up the mountain, hoping for some guidance, but none comes. On the contrary he recognizes Hamael even as the latter turns to climb with some haste up the mountain; not a good sign.
The Baron turns to Ligeia, who has been chatting softly with a mounted hunter. “Mon trésor, You take dem in now s'il vous plait.”

Ligeia holds out her arms to Mitch, Corat, and the parts of Remiel that are joining them, and in a inviting, musical and compelling voice, says “Please, come with me. “ You can see the crowd begin to regain its party fervor, and just in passing, Ted shifting along with them.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #1443
ladyarcana55

"Why are all these others coming with us? That was not mentioned."

Sunae looks to Kane and tells him, "I don't know if I like this"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #1444
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:

"I wouldn't worry, Sunae," Kane says, his eyes fixed firmly on the Baron's sockets. "Ol' Mr. Saturday here knows better 'n to try an' pull a fast one on us, I'm bettin'. He knows that too many folks an' too big a noise is just gonna get a slew of my brothers an' sisters down to clean up ... especially the Swordsmen, the Judges and the Dreamers."

Hmmm, song lyric in that. Keep your mind on business, Eumolpius.

"I do gotta say though, this is one heck of a train to deal with one rogue slaughter-god," Kane said. "I was thinkin' more raidin' team or Gideon's Band ... come in, hit slaughter-guy over the head with a sledgehammer, get out. Don't need so many vessels that way, either."

C'mon, Samedi, get the message, he thinks quietly to himself. None of us wants this to turn into the reason for Purity Crusade II.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #1445
Mysteris

The parts of Remiel collectively opened it's eyes when the Wild Hunt showed up. "That's a lot of...what are they called? Animals? Oh! We know this one! Horses! But those dogs look like nothing we saw on Earth as a Reliever." The part of him that was staying here drifted over to inspect the animals of the Wild Hunt with curious eyes and hands that gently stroked along the muzzles of the horses and the heads of the dogs.

The parts of Remiel that were going with Ligeia drifted along behind her with many wide-eyed looks to the party they were entering. It hoped that the party inside would be as interesting as what was going on outside. "Wait till we till our friends back at the Library about this! They'll never believe we got to go to an ethereal party."
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #1446
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunakitten View Post

Crossing the great vale like an army, they nonetheless dance and weave around the individual dreamscapes, jostling but not harming the dreamers between you and them. Finally they arrive, a near-army of horses and hounds led by a giant of a man sporting deer antlers and riding an eight-legged horse--the Wild Hunt.
“Now den...” The Baron turns to the assembled group, the army looming behind him, “...we will fin’ dis slaughter-god. But we need vessels. Dere.” He points to the volcano where the noise has gotten the attention of a who's who of angelic society.

Black Shuck goes half crazy with anticipation, jumping back and forth between Glen, the Baron, and the hounds who've just arrived. He always goes back to Glen, but he feels an instinctive need to touch base with his fellow death omens.
Glen allows Shuck his head for the moment, allowing him to settle any dominance matters with the new pack on his own. He studiously ignores Remiel as a defence mechanism, but approaches the Baron briefly, opening his mouth as though to speak, but then thinking better of it as he looks around at the assorted gods and monsters surrounding him, and also Sunae
After a moment he gravitates towards the only other entity whose humanity he's certain of.
Quote:

"I'm happy to have them along as long as they don't pay me too much mind. Who better to hunt a god than the gods of hunters? I suppose that Dionysus could have sent his leopards rather than his sister, but I doubt they'd have got on very well with Shuck or the Hunt. Better we have the hounds, I think."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #1447
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I'm happy to have them along as long as they don't pay me too much mind. Who better to hunt a god than the gods of hunters? I suppose that Dionysus could have sent his leopards rather than his sister, but I doubt they'd have got on very well with Shuck or the Hunt. Better we have the hounds, I think."
Sunae lowers her voice as she answers Glen

"But then what? Will they return willingly, or will there be a price for that? And how can we be sure we will remain the hunters? This is a god of betrayal we are hunting, I don't want to be its next sacrifice"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-11-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #1448
Dalillama

Quote:
Sunae lowers her voice as she answers Glen

"But then what? Will they return willingly, or will there be a price for that? And how can we be sure we will remain the hunters? This is a god of betrayal we are hunting, I don't want to be its next sacrifice"
"It cannot betray us unless we trust it, and I doubt me very much if any of those here assembled would deign to deal with the likes of it. Wotan would likely dismiss it for lack of honor, Artemis would find no sport in the games it plays, and the Baron prefers worshipers to corpses. If you remain suspicious, though, I think we need be most wary of the Betrayer of Warriors. He follows a grim purpose, and will set aside anything, however sacred, in its pursuit."
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #1449
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"It cannot betray us unless we trust it, and I doubt me very much if any of those here assembled would deign to deal with the likes of it. Wotan would likely dismiss it for lack of honor, Artemis would find no sport in the games it plays, and the Baron prefers worshipers to corpses. If you remain suspicious, though, I think we need be most wary of the Betrayer of Warriors. He follows a grim purpose, and will set aside anything, however sacred, in its pursuit."
"I was referring to them betraying us to avoid having to return"
Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #1450
Dalillama

Quote:
"I was referring to them betraying us to avoid having to return"
"I'm afraid I don't take your meaning. They will surely wish to return to Asgard and Olympus once this hunt is done, as that is their home. And if they don't, I fail to see what we could do about it either way. I am an exorcist of no mean skill, but to banish the likes of them is as far beyond me as drinking up the oceans; they are gods, and we can bargain or plead with them, but to compel them? No."

Tags
in nomine